Tax Dollars At Work?

oldtimer

In addition, the officer who was injured had burns on his hands and arms, the type of injuries consistent with a meth cook gone bad. Not coincidentally, the officer resigned on Sunday.

No one has been arrested.

Weird!

• Moderators

It sure is stranger than fiction. Drain cleaner is one of the ingredients, how bad do you need to get high to take something with drain cleaner and other crazy things in it ?  It's no wonder meth heads look so terrible in a short time, if they don't blow themselves up trying to make it.

• Like 1

Drain cleaner is one of the ingredients, how bad do you need to get high to take something with drain cleaner and other crazy things in it ? 
I sniffed Brasso once in bootcamp…and i mean ONCE.  Felt like someone put a shotgun up my nose and blew the back of my head off--then i got a bad headache. 
  • Like 1

Oh, yeah, I remember at Navy OCS, going into the brick building with an oil fire down in the hold.  We had to go in (can't remember if we wore masks or not), with 3" hoses (does, "Prepare to gooseneck, GOOSENECK!" strike a note with anyone out there?), and put it out.  I remember black particles coming out of my nose and lungs for weeks following.

Before the days of waving a blue card and getting excused for "menstrual cramps" or something (wait. . . that was Army).

Edited by JiminSTL
  • Like 1

Firefighting school on Treasure Island in San Francisco was my favorite training of all time.  Flooding spaces with fuel, igniting it, flames shooting out the windows, and telling us to go in and put it out.  So much fun!

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

Hey, Stew, when were you in?  Me?  1968 - 1973.

Actually lived in S.F. for a year, 1961-1962, on the Presidio (big Army base, at the southern foot of the Golden Gate Bridge), as my dad was a Captain in the Navy.  Went to Alameda all the time, and Treasure Island, too.  I remember arriving at the Alameda Naval Air Station as a dependent (dad was a Captain then), and because of his senior rank, he was given "Senior Officers Quarters" for the 5 in the family.  The "Senior Officers" part consisted of the 2nd half of a quonset hut!  

Those too young to know, a quonset hut is what you see in many old WWII movies, a corrugated tin can cut vertically, in half.  Being senior, he rated both halves of one half of the tin can.

Boy, that's going back a few years!

• Like 1

Ship ahoy, mate!  The first amphib I was on had a reinforced bow for duty in the Antarctic.  Good thing, too, as it became stuck for 2 whole days, backing and filling, before finally being able to break free of the grip of an ice floe.

• Like 1

"Taps, taps, lights out! All hands turn into your bunks! Maintain silence about the decks! The smoking lamp is out in all berthing spaces.and maintain silence about the decks.   Now taps."

Ready for a little rack time.

Edited by JiminSTL
  • Like 1

Hey, Sancho, you have to be a "certain age" to remember/refer to it as the "Air Corps".  I did buy some Klipsch and other gear recently from a gentleman who got his start in the Army Air Corps, and then spent about 30 years deciding if he liked it enough to make it a career.  In his 70s now, and still qualified to fly a variety of different fixed-wing craft.

• Like 1

"In addition, the officer who was injured had burns on his hands and arms, the type of injuries consistent with a meth cook gone bad. Not coincidentally, the officer resigned on Sunday."

I smell a beach house, a retirement plan and a major lawsuit. That guys going to have to beat the lawyers off his doorstep.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

That was a "Jody" Call, circa 1979, where you thought the Drill Sergeant was gonna say Navy...but, he trick-f^?¥ed you...

Perhaps, more likely a student of history. It was already US Army Air Force(s), when my grandfather joined in 1942, iIrc...

Have some of his gear that says Air Force United States Army.

Hey, Sancho, you have to be a "certain age" to remember/refer to it as the "Air Corps". I did buy some Klipsch and other gear recently from a gentleman who got his start in the Army Air Corps, and then spent about 30 years deciding if he liked it enough to make it a career. In his 70s now, and still qualified to fly a variety of different fixed-wing craft.

• Like 1