Stabler

oldtimer

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/troy-aikman-and-16-others-who-dont-belong-in-the-hall-of-fame/ar-BBlIx6y#page=7

Aikman, Moon, Griese?  c'mon man.  Namath I disagree because of his impact on the league.  Ray Guy I totally disagree with because he was way more than an average punter.  But lots of those guys especially quarterbacks over Stabler?  Aikman maybe, because he started out with a crappy team.  But Moon and Griese?  Stabler belongs over these guys who have been singled out as not belonging.  But who is this guy saying Ray Guy was an average punter?  He reinvented the definition of what a team wanted in a punter.  Every punter since is in his mold. But back on the topic about Stabler.  If Bradshaw is in so should be Stabler.  Marc Levy? LOL

And I was only kidding about the free beer comment earlier.

I knew that....besides, I don't drink nearly as much beer as I used to, only the supposed "craft beers" that my son in law turns me on to occasionally.  I live pretty close to Grand Rapids Michigan which has some absolutely great small breweries, and I like to try those once in a while.  Mostly these days it's Ketel One, or a decent red wine. 

Well, after reading the whole thing....shockingly, I  don't disagree with you one bit.  Marv Levy is a bonehead.  No doubt in my mind Ray Guy should be there.  Can't believe he picked on Namath, I mean, for real?

Find something better to beach about, that was too easy....

• Moderators

Well he is completely off base about Ray Guy.

I have personally seen him kick 60+ net punts. I don't know if he invented the coffin corner, but he perfected it.

Not very many people realized that he was always listed at the Raiders' 3rd string quarterback. We would arrive early at the games because you could see him throwing the ball long, and the crowd would really get into it. He could out throw all of them, Stabler, Plunkett, etc., by a wide margin. He was incredible to watch.

Since we're talking old school NFL QB's...thought I'd thrown this out there since it's my nephew's 18th birthday tomorrow...for the last 3 summers, my nephew has been training with (among others), Jerry Rhome, who finished second to Roger Staubach for the Heisman, and went on to play for Dallas, Cleveland, Houston and the LA Rams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Rhome

Jerry is one of the most genuine nicest people I have ever met.  When we went to see him two years ago in Atlanta, we went to his house, where his basement is absolutely filled with memorabilia, and he let my brother, nephew and myself wear his Super Bowl ring....one of the coolest things ever. 

• Like 1