MCM 1900 4way (Control&Dialing in)

minermark

Good afternoon Gang

Have been preping one complete stack to shoot w/Upol bedliner.

Finely a day not to hot, 80s, will take the rest of the day to set up for shooting early evening.

I have forgotten standing all day sanding/Bondo, again, and again, can wear on ya, hell im retired, need to rent a Kid when doing the next stack.

Time for a few Beers

Saw a Colter idea in another thread about Casters on the Bins, hell yeah!, two are locking, i use 4" because anything smaller is hell running over something.

post-57941-0-69980000-1442527216_thumb.j

• Like 1

All of my work to this point has been to focus on one side.

As of this morning dragged in the Bass Bin from the back yard, and just got done reinstalling the original woofs.

All componets to date look like new, a little dirt/dust/grime, nothing needs replacing so far.

Now the reassemble starts, when this stack is complete, i will attack the next stack.

Wife and i having a glass of wine or four, discussing the project, she very much wishes to hear these.

She asks me, so what are you going to do with the "Other" pair? (of McMs)............i have NO idea.

post-57941-0-73880000-1443145954_thumb.j

post-57941-0-78320000-1443145975_thumb.j

post-57941-0-76560000-1443145986_thumb.j

• Like 2

Update, weather is cooling off a tad, i do like working in a 70+ degree Garage as opposed to 90.

Started second stack re-furb, the smell of Bondo is in the air :emotion-21:

A Pre-Xmas heads up, have been thinking about what to do with the second Pair of McMs.

Wife agrees with my thinking on this, we have NO NEED for two complete McM systems.

If i decide to let the pair go, likely $2K will be the forum members pricing. still thinking on this.

I still have the EAW stacks to move outta here also, @ $2kObO.

• Like 2

As these MCMs get finished, they come into the cave to replace the EAW stacks.

Your next step will be Danley Synergy horns. One step at a time. 

My original intent was to have better sound than Khorns on a budget, which I did in the used Pro Equipment market. I went from a 7 foot stack to a 5 foot stack when I got K-402's on top a a Quarter Pie of my own design, derived from MWM woofers. Then I was spoiled but forced to further reduce size in my recent move without reducing performance, which led me to the present system. I didn't realize it would also be a further improvement in the process of shrinking horns.

Most recent lesson is: Acoustic problems should be fixed acoustically, so the room will be my next improvement in my next domicile.

Share your work on the room with us... I wish more people would share their experience as they work on fixing their room problems.  

Second pair of McMs are good to go to sale now.

Sat down with the wife and ask/told her, do we have a need? for two pair?

Her final word is she is/will be happy w/her Khorns and sees no use having them if we will not use them.

I will gather all the Data/Pics and post in sale thread, soon. just a heads up they are now available.

• Like 2