Apple announcements today....

jimjimbo

So yes, I am a big Apple device user...multiple iPads, multiple iPhones, AppleTV's.  Not a huge fan of iTunes, but, that's ok.

I have to say that some of the technology that Apple unveiled today, particularly for the iPad Pro, the new AppleTV, and the new iPhones was pretty amazing.  The AppleTv remote with voice control and it's own App Store, the iPhone with the new "3D Touch", and new fantastic camera, were all pretty impressive.  Don't think I'll be buying the new iPad Pro anytime soon, since I really wouldn't be able to take full advantage of all of it's capabilities, but it was beautiful.  I had thought I might hold out for an iPhone 7 next year, but, I'm rethinking that....Thoughts?

Wasn't much to the Apple TV. I was expecting a content bundle. Just another hardware box is hohum. There are innumerable boxes to run Kodi for less money. Putting more frills on the "knobs" doesn't light my fire.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I think you may have missed the part where they are opening it up to developers to develop apps....opening an app store for the AppleTV....more than just hardware, IMHO.

Apps? To do what?

It's TV. Don't you want to watch " The Strain" or "Ray Donovan?" What's an app going to do for that? My set top box runs Android and that already has what...600,000 apps? But I don't really use apps on a TV set, I watch TV programming. There was some talk early in the year that apple would get into delivery, and perhaps offer a cool special bundle to compete with TWC or Verizon. Now THAT would be interesting. But a box to run apps?

I'm sure Thad is drooling but it was a big non event for me.  Apple reminds me of Sony.  Everything is proprietary so you have to buy everything from them if you want to use their products.  I've never been much of a fan.  I guess some of their stuff is neat but I don't get all wound up about it.

Had a friend stop by the house last night that started fawning over the Apple release....especially Apple TV

"You can do games and apps and streaming of shows and movies" blah blah blah

Showed him my Android TV box that I've had for over a year with KODI on it.....he was speechless as we started watching Avengers : Age of Ultron

• Like 1

Had a friend stop by the house last night that started fawning over the Apple release....especially Apple TV

"You can do games and apps and streaming of shows and movies" blah blah blah

Showed him my Android TV box that I've had for over a year with KODI on it.....he was speechless as we started watching Avengers : Age of Ultron

Yeah. That's what I think too. I've had a Kodi box now for a long time. It buried my two Apple tv boxes, Amazon firestick, and chromnecast.

I recently had a chance to compare my $100 Alcatel telephone to a$650 Apple telephone. The Apple was nicer, faster, bigger and more fun to use. But, I would never have $650 for buying a portable telephone! I also can't afford a $50,000 set of speakers to play music from 8' away.

Thoughts?

I was impressed.  The pace at which they increase processing speed and make something, which seemed to me to be intuitive, more so is pretty cool.  It is what it is.  I'm excited because we are likely to upgrade this year, but years past when we didn't, I would admire from afar.  It didn't necessarily move the needle that much. 

Love them or hate them, our culture is completely changed by their products over the last 15 or so years.  Who would have envisioned fast internet, your entire music collection & the ability to watch any movie or tv show on a device that easily fits in your pocket back when we were worried about Y2k?  (Especially from a computer company that was losing to Microsoft pretty handily at the time.) Pretty remarkable.