Klipsch Forte II vs Forte I's

Jim

First point of business when I hook them up is some Floyd, then Chris Isaak Heart Shaped World, then on to some Trance to hear that bass response. My amp is biased,tubes are broken in, and record players awaiting there arrival.

Most likely going to take the 4.2's and put them in the bedroom HT set up if I can't sell them.

Edited by Jim

Congrats! Placement is one big experiment and each room and personal taste will play a factor. I would suggest taking at least a half an hour to try different positions with different music. I've found I like the speakers about a foot off the rear wall and at least 18 inches to 2ft from the side walls. I usually toe them in for low to mid level listening and point them forward if I want to really crank them up. Hope this helps, congrats again, I'm excited for you! 

• Like 1

I'm going to use them with tubes and my seating position will be about 9-10 feet from them.

That is about the distance I sat from my forte's/quartets.

I was going to start also asking others how far out they use theirs from the walls as I have the KG 4.2's about 12-15 inches from the back wall an about 24 inches from the side walls.

I think 12 to 18 inches from back wall is pretty common as well as about 18 to 24 inches from side walls.

Experiment a bit.

Bill 

• Like 1

I'm getting more and more amped to get them now.

The tube amp I'm using is a Yaqin MC-10L,so it's pushing about 40 WPC I think. Not the best amp,but a little more power than my other one that was pushing 8 WPC. My next adventure will be a better amp,Maybe something from Justin, or a Scott or something along the line redone.

Jim,

I never powered my forte's/quartets with tube amps but have had great success with 80's Denon integrated amps(PMA-1080R, PMA-757, PMA-700V).  All were about as neutral as you can get, very punchy and fast, and detailed.

Also look at the Luxman R-117(160w/ch) as well as it's brother R-115(70w/ch).  Both sounded fantastic with my forte's/quartets.

Bill

• Like 1

Jim, I power my Forte with the Yaquin VK 2100.  I have played off the Acurus amp and, Pioneer SC 35.  The Acurus is 200 watts and the SC pushes a lot of watts.  The amp I settled on for the Forte was the Yaquin.  They get just as loud and detailed with the Yaquin to my ears.  You don't need a lot of power to push them.

Well, took me 4 hours round trip to get em, but got them home and am now listening to them.

Have to get new cloth for the speaker covers on 1 as it has a tear and a patch, and someone used them for plants,so there is some slight bubbling of the veneer on top. Other than that they sound very good. Can definitely hear the difference between them and the KG speakers.

post-59264-0-15820000-1442164211_thumb.j

post-59264-0-76620000-1442164221_thumb.j

post-59264-0-21980000-1442164231_thumb.j

• Like 2

I juts paid the same for mine. Even if I don't fix the cover, I think it was worth it.

Now contemplating getting a Fisher 400, or something along the lines of it. Want to see how much better it will sound vs my Chinese amps. There is one for sale near me for $400.00 that is supposedly totally redone.

• Like 1

Congrats! Those should provide many years of enjoyment and upgrades are available if you get the itch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try stock for awhile, then maybe do the tweeters 1st, then the crossovers.