Looking to buy a TV

A1UC

I wonder whether the Sony XBR-75X940C 75" Class 4K 3D Smart LED Ultra HDTV will come down in price anytime soon, and/or whether it's $3200 "better" to begin with than the XBR-75X850C:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-75-class-74-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-3d-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/2639155.p?id=1219551828390&skuId=2639155&ref=199&loc=TnL5HPStwNw&acampID=1&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-S50OlPjN9vfzBsD.aP8gig

• Moderators

Just went through the TV shopping thing, it had been 10 years and technology changed a lot. I learned what was important, refresh rate, back lighting and active zones were on top of the list.

We ended up with a 65" 4k by Vizio, I don't know if you are brand specific or not but this brand is in the top half as far as ratings go and warranties are almost all 1 year anyway. Read all the specs when comparing, ours is not 3D, I didn't want that but don't know if it's something you wanted?

This is our Vizio...  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m-series-65-class-65-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/3858039.p?id=1219606085774&skuId=3858039

This is the same but in 75"  @ $2995 not on sale ... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-75-class-74-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-silver/4257005.p?id=1219625982461&skuId=4257005 The 80" is $3999

We have only had it a few weeks and love it, great picture and easy to operate the smart features. We got a great price because of BB's screw up's, they took 3 extra weeks to deliver and the screen was completely cracked everywhere. We called the 1 800 number and they wanted us to bring it in to a store 45 minutes away because of management problems in the closer store where they didn't want to do anything about it. Hard to believe, but they were apologizing for what the other store managers actions and attitude, or lack of actions. They gave us the Tv for $1200 which after everything was over is great, at the time it wasn't so great and once again we swore we would never go back to BB.

Edited by dtel

For sure...

If you can wait until the tech begins to drop in pricing, that is the best idea.

Even if you have to get an interim monitor like a panasonic plasma @ 1080p depending on your viewing distance.

Oled will give you a dynamic range, color spacing, contrast that no other current monitor can approach.

Its more about the ability to depict blacks and the ability to produce the viewable color range over the overall ability to produce resolution. LED is the worst at that... even when compared to the last gen plasma.

Edited by Schu

I bought the gf a Sony XBR55850B  for one of the rooms and like I said I have been watching it now for a month , I thought it was pretty decent .

Before I was all Plasma because when LED first came out I couldn't stand it but now them seem pretty decent . 

• Moderators

One thing to remember it will only be about 5 years or less and todays TV's will be old news.

Before I was all Plasma because when LED first came out I couldn't stand it but now them seem pretty decent .

This is where good active backlighting helps with the blacks.

Good luck

• Like 1

Right now the best TV on the market is 65". Not sure I could go that small... but the good thing with any Tech, product lines update frequently & other models can catch up quickly. Soon there will be a larger 70-80-90 version that meets the same quality of the current winner.