Ceiling speakers stolen off my front porch

agile1966

Ordered 4 of the new Pro series ceiling speakers.  Normally my step-son is here sleeping because he works nights so I didn't bother getting a signature.  Corey and I discussed it and I assured him it would be fine.  Speakers delivered around 2 and step-daughter was home around 3:30 and there was no package.  Live in a duplex while our house is being built.  Next door neighbor also had packages delivered.  Our neighbor had one miss-delivered to the our same house number only the Court down the street.  This has happened to us before and I was driving up and she was just leaving getting her package.  UPS was less than kind and the driver swears he put it by the front door.

Police report filed and trying to get a hold of our insurance agent.  Lesson learned.  Always require a signature.

Looks like no Atmos speakers for me for a while. :angry:

Trying to not kick the dog...

• Moderators

We had this happen too...a day or two later the carrier came to our door with the package.  They had a fill in driver the day it was delivered.  Forget if they delivered it to the wrong house and then realized it?  Hopefully yours will turn up tomorrow.   :)

UPS has been screwing up for the last 6 months with me along with the USPS. Fedex seems the only one to be able to do anything lately. Broken boxes, missing packages, and when they leave the notices, I sign them and they don't redeliver the packages.

Thanks everyone.  I just got a call and the speakers are found.  He delivered to 302 not 205.  Swore he put them on the front porch.  He said it was the duplex.  He delivered to a 4-plex.

Dog is safe and sound.

Last time I use UPS...

You know I was wondering about that.  We had that happen fairly recently from somebody else on the forum where the driver swore he delivered the goods, but he got the address mixed up.

There is nothing inherently wrong with UPS, or any of the other major carriers.  The problem is we only hear about the screw ups, and of course it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when it happens to you.  They successfully deliver millions of packages every day.  Just like everything else though, sometimes mistakes happen.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone.  I just got a call and the speakers are found.  He delivered to 302 not 205.  Swore he put them on the front porch.  He said it was the duplex.  He delivered to a 4-plex.

Dog is safe and sound.

Last time I use UPS...

You know I was wondering about that.  We had that happen fairly recently from somebody else on the forum where the driver swore he delivered the goods, but he got the address mixed up.

There is nothing inherently wrong with UPS, or any of the other major carriers.  The problem is we only hear about the screw ups, and of course it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when it happens to you.  They successfully deliver millions of packages every day.  Just like everything else though, sometimes mistakes happen.

You are right.  It was a heat of the moment response.  They do deliver many without incidence.  Just frustrating that he was 0 fer at my place with two packages.

• Like 1

Always loved Shepherds. Just can't handle their fur and dander. Found out as an adult I developed allergies with some dogs. Boxers and American Bulldogs I do OK with.

Both of mine are rescues. We've had them 2 1/2 years now. They are now 6 1/2 and 7 1/2.

My prior dogs were a Boxer that I got as a pup and had to put him down at 11 due to brain cancer, and a mutt mix that had cancer and was 9 when we put her down.

This is my 3rd Boxer now, and 1st American Bulldog. The AB's are great dogs also. Not as goofy as Boxers, but they talk to you like Boxers do. I constantly have "arguments" with my AB (Phineous), and the Boxer (Diesel) always jumps in.

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

A simple CCTV Dvr system will save you untold stress, you just went through it!

When i come home and find something is amiss, i sit down and run back the Cam that covered the affected area.

100% problem solved, UPS says they were there? sorry UPS i have a DVR that says NO truck was here today!

Come home expecting to find a package? not there?, DVR time, if it was there, and someone took it, you own their azz, hell you might even know them!

First month in my home here, i slammed up 8 cams to cover the perimeter, the neighbors thought i was some kind of wacco, however in the last 5 years EVERY one of those neighbors have come over and ask me to look at my DVR because something happened to them the night before.

• Like 1