Youthman Goes Flyboarding!

Youthman

• Moderators
How hard is it really to keep your balance

I got up on the first try (unlike the first time I attempted wakeboarding).  I fell a few times but literally after about 10 minutes, I was able to move about and remain pretty stable.  After the first 30min session, I took a 30min break while my son did his 2nd 30min session and when I went back out for my 2nd 30min session, I felt pretty comfortable on it (but no fancy moves like those videos).  I was able to dive and submerge and come up smoothly in one motion and even attempted a backflip 5-6 times and almost landed it.  Very last attempt, I landed on the hose (which weighs 1000lbs with water rushing through it) and messed up my big toe.  Good thing it was my last attempt cause after that, I was done.  LOL.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know if I tried to do that, I'd probably die of a self inflicted enema. :blush2:

The old "Power Flush"! :D

That's bad  :wacko: I was thinking i would stick up in the bottom head first and be pushed under the mud.

Youthman, I can say one thing about you, your going to be serious trouble when and if you hit that middle age craze thing, your doing it now and way to young.  :huh:

• Like 1

• Moderators
Youthman, I can say one thing about you, your going to be serious trouble when and if you hit that middle age craze thing, your doing it now and way to young. :huh:

I've been active all of my life.  It wasn't until about 7 years ago that we finally paid off all of our debt except our home and have freed up our income to where we can now begin to enjoy doing some fun (and sometimes crazy) activities.  My wife and I are headed to Colorado in 2 weeks to do some snowboarding / skiing with my sister and bro-n-law.  You know there will be a video of that.  :)   I'm super stoked as I have never been out West.  Farthest I've been is Tennessee / Alabama except for one time as a teenager I went to Arkansas to visit a friend that was moving.

• Like 1

I'm super stoked as I have never been out West.
It's absolutely beautiful up there but coming straight off the plane from sea level, your lung and CV system(s) will be in overdrive while on the slopes. Keep a watchful eye on each another, be safe. :emotion-22: Look forward to the next installment. :emotion-53: 

The long, big powder runs are very similar to surfing....nothing like groomed piste.  Good stuff, lot's of fun. :emotion-21:

• Moderators
It's absolutely beautiful up there but coming straight off the plane from sea level, your lung and CV system(s) will be in overdrive while on the slopes. Keep a watchful eye on each another, be safe.

Great....I was hoping at 40 to be in the best shape of my life but I'm probably at the worst.  Too much sitting and not enough moving.  Haha

The long, big powder runs are very similar to surfing....nothing like groomed piste. Good stuff, lot's of fun. :emotion-21:

I'm definitely looking forward to it.