John Oliver Has A Profanity-Filled Message For Paris Attackers

MyOwn

A good laugh for entertainment and to blow off steam from the horror of these attacks but does not cover any actual issues we face here such as:

1. Why did ISIS hit France when its the US and Russia that have been pounding them in Syria etc. lately? What does ISIS have to gain here knowing the Western military response will be massive and ruthless and lead to massive casualties in the Muslim world.

2. Why was the mastermind not caught earlier given the massive surveillance and intelligence apparatus, he even said he was planning something in a published ISIS magazine.

3. Is this blow back or a consequence of the US funding and arming the "Rebels" to overthrow Assad? I am not saying the US is directly responsible but we need to ask serious questions of our policy of arming extremists and causing enough chaos in the region for the groups to grow and get a foothold. Is our goals of taking out Assad to keep a Russian ally out of the Middle East worth the violence and chaos spilling over into Europe or the US?

Why did ISIS hit France

I'm thinking that it had a lot to do with Charlie Hebdo.

That's unlikely the case.  I don't think you have hoards of people travel in rafts over a big sea and to walk and hop trains to a foreign nation far away... all because of some silly, offensive comic.

The reason they did this to France is because they don't like the French.  Pure and simple.  They don't like anyone who is not like them.  They don't even like themselves.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

all because of some silly, offensive comic.

You give it much weight than they do.

Yeah.  Make no mistake; they intend to do the same over here in the US - many times over.  Have they not declared their intent on several occasions?

It's unbelievable that this is considered an acceptable risk of having open borders for refugees.

• Like 1

Yeah.  Make no mistake; they intend to do the same over here in the US - many times over.  Have they not declared their intent on several occasions?

It's unbelievable that this is considered an acceptable risk of having open borders for refugees.

I meant to type much LESS weight, but you knew what I meant.

I meant to type much LESS weight, but you knew what I meant.

I did, and my following comment was not directed at you.  Just a remark about the policy, in general.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

• Moderators

Yeah. Make no mistake; they intend to do the same over here in the US - many times over. Have they not declared their intent on several occasions?

Who has open borders for refugees?

Yeah. Make no mistake; they intend to do the same over here in the US - many times over. Have they not declared their intent on several occasions?

Who has open borders for refugees?

I didn't use the word, "tantamount."  Sorry.   :wacko:

Edited by Jeff Matthews

A couple thousand gangsters are holding the western world hostage. They are causing the entire west to spend itself into bankruptcy trying to defend themselves, and they are calling the shots for what civil rights everyone in the western world can have. And it won't be many, in another couple years. These few gangsters then, are effectively more powerful than the Axis Forces in WWII!

The gangsters are driving the ship, calling all the shots and the mightiest army on earth is just reacting!

Curious situation.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

A couple thousand gangsters are holding the western world hostage. They are causing the entire west to spend itself into bankruptcy trying to defend themselves, and they are calling the shots for what civil rights everyone in the western world can have. And it won't be many, in another couple years. These few gangsters then, are effectively more powerful than the Axis Forces in WWII!

The gangsters are driving the ship, calling all the shots and the mightiest army on earth is just reacting!

Curious situation.

Yes, this happens. It would be a mistake to take people's reactions and be overly critical of them.  A lone robber enters a convenient store and demands all the people empty their pockets and turn over their wallets.  Wow!  One guy effectively controlling all those people.  Some ice cream is found to be contaminated with listeria.  Next, all the stores all over the nation are emptying their shelves of all ice cream from that maker.  Wow!  A few half-gallon containers are contaminated, and the whole ice-cream eating world is held hostage.  I think it is okay to react to serious incidents such as these.  We can't just ignore them and accept them as a routine part of life.

Curious situation.

Yes, this happens. It would be a mistake to take people's reactions and be overly critical of them. A lone robber enters a convenient store and demands all the people empty their pockets and turn over their wallets. Wow! One guy effectively controlling all those people. Some ice cream is found to be contaminated with listeria. Next, all the stores all over the nation are emptying their shelves of all ice cream from that maker. Wow! A few half-gallon containers are contaminated, and the whole ice-cream eating world is held hostage. I think it is okay to react to serious incidents such as these. We can't just ignore them and accept them as a routine part of life.
Totally true for limited time. Bank robberies end pretty quick. As do ice cream scares.

However, the west has been ducking for cover for 14 very long years, and no end on sight. And the money is pouring out like a main artery has been severed. Can the control they have ever end? How? I don't see an end.

Edited by jo56steph74

Curious situation.

Unfortunately, these gangsters are very unpredictable.  That's what makes them dangerous, and the reason that world powers are in reaction mode. They are practicing a form of warfare that has not been seen in this scale before.