What Exactly is Terrorism?

Jim Naseum

Any reason we couldn't have a refugee camp in say, the vast open spaces of Nevada? Maybe we could reuse the old Manzanar detention camp out in Lone Pine, Ca. It would provide plenty of time to vet them. 

Mr. JacksonFive - - I have no clue what you are on about, but I assure you I have no need to stop anyone from saying what they please. I'm the one whose thread was erased from history for making an observation. I promote discussion at every chance I get.

Quite simply internally displaced people, like those that have been pouring out of Syria cannot be vetted. The government could not properly vet the female involved in the terror attack in California. The utter failure here has had horrific consequences on people just going about their lives.

You should be concerned with constitutional law. It is the only thing that stands between you and someone else's morality being forced on you or your children.

Yes, and the some of the strongest advocates of separation of church and state at the time the constitution was written were various religious groups, because they wanted to follow their own religion without someone else's religion being imposed on them.  

Edited by garyrc

Youtube the Chit out of it, get to know the ONLY real Chance you have of living out you're years. I have lived this mindset for the better part of 50+ years, NEVER, ZERO, NADDA, problems EVER.

Not the ONLY chance.  Most people die a natural death, or are killed in a car, plane, or other crash, whatever their mindset, and whether they are armed or not.

Youtube the Chit out of it, get to know the ONLY real Chance you have of living out you're years. I have lived this mindset for the better part of 50+ years, NEVER, ZERO, NADDA, problems EVER.

Not the ONLY chance.  Most people die a natural death, or are killed in a car, plane, or other crash, whatever their mindset, and whether they are armed or not.

Erased, my thread crap.

Edited by minermark

P.S. I don't think there is a scientific definition of a "person."

Here is how the science of biology defines it. The last sentence being applicable here.

Definition

noun, plural: fetuses

The yet-to-be born mammalian offspring following the embryonic stage, and is still going through further development prior to birth

Supplement

Following the embryonic stage, the developing young enters the fetal period, which is in the later stages of development prior to birth. The fetal period is when the offspring has taken a recognizable form as its own species. The fetus is also characterized to possess the major organs in contrast to an embryo. Tthe fetal organs though are not yet fully functional and are still undergoing further development.

In humans, the embryo is called a fetus at the ninth week from the time of conception up to the moment of birth. After being born, the offspring is called an infant or a newborn.

That is a general definition for all mammals, including marsupials, dolohins and whales, and then at the end it say fetus, infant and newborn. Nothing abiut a person.

The law defines what a person is for purposes of a crime, constitutional protection, etc. You are not going to get therebwith science.

Oh..you meant "p-e-r-s-o-n". I hadn't realised you were being literal. I just mean adult human, and science clear defines a fetus as a different entity than the "infant" or "newborn." 

I'm just not at all confused personally about this. 

Here is how the science of biology defines it. The last sentence being applicable here.

Definition

The yet-to-be born mammalian offspring following the embryonic stage, and is still going through further development prior to birth

Supplement

Following the embryonic stage, the developing young enters the fetal period, which is in the later stages of development prior to birth. The fetal period is when the offspring has taken a recognizable form as its own species. The fetus is also characterized to possess the major organs in contrast to an embryo. Tthe fetal organs though are not yet fully functional and are still undergoing further development.

In humans, the embryo is called a fetus at the ninth week from the time of conception up to the moment of birth. After being born, the offspring is called an infant or a newborn.

That is a general definition for all mammals, including marsupials, dolohins and whales, and then at the end it say fetus, infant and newborn. Nothing abiut a person.

The law defines what a person is for purposes of a crime, constitutional protection, etc. You are not going to get therebwith science.

Oh..you meant "p-e-r-s-o-n". I hadn't realised you were being literal. I just mean adult human, and science clear defines a fetus as a different entity than the "infant" or "newborn." 

You keep missing the forest through the trees every time you go to definitions, whether they are in law, science or Merriam Webster's Dictionary.

Look, if you prefer the term, "fetus," fine.  Then, don't kill fetuses.  We are talking about morality, and definitions can get in the way sometimes.

I am not saying there can't be exceptions in the general rule, nor am I saying the law shouldn't be as it already is.  People, in the end, are going to have to come together with their maker/conscience/god/etc., and I don't think falling back on definitions is always a valid justification for engaging in "wrong."

Edited by Jeff Matthews

• Moderators

Any reason we couldn't have a refugee camp in say, the vast open spaces of Nevada? Maybe we could reuse the old Manzanar detention camp out in Lone Pine, Ca. It would provide plenty of time to vet them.

Mr. JacksonFive - - I have no clue what you are on about, but I assure you I have no need to stop anyone from saying what they please. I'm the one whose thread was erased from history for making an observation. I promote discussion at every chance I get.

Quite simply internally displaced people, like those that have been pouring out of Syria cannot be vetted. The government could not properly vet the female involved in the terror attack in California. The utter failure here has had horrific consequences on people just going about their lives.
I didnt realize she was a refugee or that she was from Syiria. I thought she got in on a "fiancee" visitor visa. She was apparently radicalized in Pakistan? Do you know how many Pakistanis immigrants there are in the US? How many own 7/11's, let alone professors, doctors, engineers?

No, we need to start doing some major roundups quick.

Well it doesn't really matter, I am pretty sure the decision to accept refugees is a matter solely within the perview of the Executive. Even the letters from the Governors are of no effect. Is the border secure between Canada and the US? Or is it pourus? Canada has 3,000 already Syrian refugees and will have, is it 10,000? within the next 12 months?

Edited by dwilawyer

• Moderators

So in the 70's you had thousands of "refugees" come in from Iran, thousands from Vietnam, and then I cannot remember how many from Cuba. I think the Cubans who had criminal records were put in camps within the City of Miami, eventually I think they were all processed eventuakly.

Syria had a lot of refugees come in during the beginning of the 20th Century. We get refugees from all over, all the time.

I don't understand why we dont just shut it all down, close it off to everyone. No visitors, no tourists, nothing. Maybe diplomats on official business, but that's it.

Microsoft can just find its engineers from the US.

• Moderators

You should be concerned with constitutional law. It is the only thing that stands between you and someone else's morality being forced on you or your children.

Yes, and the some of the strongest advocates of separation of church and state at the time the constitution was written were various religious groups, because they wanted to follow their own religion without someone else's religion being imposed on them.

Exactly right.

• Moderators

Not the ONLY chance. Most people die a natural death, or are killed in a car, plane, or other crash, whatever their mindset, and whether they are armed or not.

I wonder what the odd are of dying in a domestic terrorist attack, an attack by a foriegn terrorist in the US, getting killed in a car wreck, being struck by lightning, dying of heart disease or cancer?

Check out the links I just posted.  It doesn't give odds on "other" but it does give numbers regarding murders.

"

The death toll from jihadist terrorism on American soil since the Sept. 11 attacks — 45 people — is about the same as the 48 killed in terrorist attacks motivated by white supremacist and other right-wing extremist ideologies, according to New America, a research organization in Washington.

And both tolls are tiny compared with the tally of conventional murders, more than 200,000 over the same period. But the disproportionate focus they draw in the news media and their effect on public fear demand the attention of any administration."

Edited by oldtimer

• Moderators

Not the ONLY chance. Most people die a natural death, or are killed in a car, plane, or other crash, whatever their mindset, and whether they are armed or not.

My dad got me a 22 @age 7, 13 years later, i was pretty thankfull i could hit something, i killed more gooks than most people have friends, just doing as instructed at the time.

No remorse, and Zero feelings, However i did learn the difference between dieing for something, and dieing for nothing, KILL them First.

Youi just deal with life anyway you wish. Peace :emotion-21:

Thank you for your service, again.

Now we have open trade with them, open travel, refugeez from the 70s going back to visit family.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Definition

Supplement

You clearly are confused. Laws of science, let alone definitions don't determine the law. Law, statutes and case law, is based on piblic policy and moral judgements subject to the constraints of the state and federal constitutions.

Let's say science, uniformly, defined a fetus as anything inside the womb, up to and including post-partum and able to breat on its own for 3 minutes.

That has zero bearing on whether one state wants to say it is five minutes and another state saying it is 7 months gestation.

Science may help prove the number of months of gestation, but it doesn't prove whether it is a fetus or not. The high school textbook, or whatever the source, wouldn't even be admissible in court.

My dad got me a 22 @age 7, 13 years later, i was pretty thankfull i could hit something, i killed more gooks than most people have friends, just doing as instructed at the time.

No remorse, and Zero feelings, However i did learn the difference between dieing for something, and dieing for nothing, KILL them First.

Youi just deal with life anyway you wish. Peace :emotion-21:

Thank you for your service, again.

Now we have open trade with them, open travel, refugeez from the 70s going back to visit family.

Sorry, rereading a few comments here, erased my "Thread Crap".

Edited by minermark