What Exactly is Terrorism?

Jim Naseum

• Moderators

Now everyone knows that more gun laws are going to stop this terrorism in our country. Look how well our war on drugs works. Criminals now have no drugs to sell and users are cleaning up and going straight and becoming useful citizens. More gun laws are going to work like more drug laws do. It is hard for me to see how intelligent people do not see this. When we have radical Muslims doing terrorist acts instead of really doing something about the root of the problem lets take away some more of our Citizens rights. It will much easier to take over the Country without a revolution when you do not have to worry about citizens being properly armed much as what happened to Germany years ago. It cannot happen here, can it?

You are a bit late to this party, it was already locked for a gun control debate.

It was this post here.

MercedesBerater, on 03 Dec 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

True. But pressure cookers were not designed to cause death, and death only.

Which is the other side of the gun debate. Last call.

I think Carl deleated some posts, similar to yours (they left out the possibility that we will slide into Germany though) during the lock, so it may not have been apparent. You might want to edit yours before he does, or locks it again.

It is not really a gun control statement anymore than our President calling for more gun laws to prevent terrorist getting weapons. It is the solution to the terrorist killing more people, right.

Yeah your right, I will just ask Chad and Carl to deleate the whole thing, he/they can decide if it is political or not, a typical gun rights discussion that has been locked at least ten times before, but I need to go back and repost the prior posts in this thread where it got off track three times and he kept saying "last chance"

People argue over crossovers and those threads get locked. I kinda thought these forums were to discuss things as long as people don't get nasty? I can see if a thread gets locked for people to cool down and then threads get deleted if they are malicious in nature. This is all relevant current events going here in our world around us.

With that said I will shut up.

Edited by xxJPMxx

I keep wondering how all these people get access to pipe bomb and pressure cooker bomb instructions.  Do such internet searches not get flagged?  A sane person nowadays should know better than to be searching for such things.  How is this a recurring issue in today's world?  

• Moderators

Now everyone knows that more gun laws are going to stop this terrorism in our country. Look how well our war on drugs works. Criminals now have no drugs to sell and users are cleaning up and going straight and becoming useful citizens. More gun laws are going to work like more drug laws do. It is hard for me to see how intelligent people do not see this. When we have radical Muslims doing terrorist acts instead of really doing something about the root of the problem lets take away some more of our Citizens rights. It will much easier to take over the Country without a revolution when you do not have to worry about citizens being properly armed much as what happened to Germany years ago. It cannot happen here, can it?

You are a bit late to this party, it was already locked for a gun control debate.

It was this post here.

MercedesBerater, on 03 Dec 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

True. But pressure cookers were not designed to cause death, and death only.

Which is the other side of the gun debate. Last call.

I think Carl deleated some posts, similar to yours (they left out the possibility that we will slide into Germany though) during the lock, so it may not have been apparent. You might want to edit yours before he does, or locks it again.

It is not really a gun control statement anymore than our President calling for more gun laws to prevent terrorist getting weapons. It is the solution to the terrorist killing more people, right.

Yeah your right, I will just ask Chad and Carl to deleate the whole thing, he/they can decide if it is political or not, a typical gun rights discussion that has been locked at least ten times before, but I need to go back and repost the prior posts in this thread where it got off track three times and he kept saying "last chance"

Talking about our Constitutional rights should be banned and locked on this forum. Your right.

It wasn't locked by me. I think it has been discussed before, many times, and I posted the decisions for everyone.

The thread wasn't locked because of the discussion about constitutional rights, it was locked because it was locked, and those posts were deleted.

As you will see from the reposts I am in the process of laying out here for Carl and Chad.

There seem to be an awful lot of folks pontificating on abortion who are quite simply unqualified to do so.  Who here is sporting a uterus?  Anyone?  If you don't have one of those, and don't like abortion, have a vasectomy.

I am. And I think abortion after 20-25 weeks is murder.

You are what?  Having a vasectomy?  Hallelujah!

If you meant that you have a uterus, it seems you would be the sort to make a personal choice not to abort after week 20-25.  Do you think that your morality should be imposed onto others, codified into law, thus removing women's reproductive rights after 20 weeks?  

Edited by Ski Bum

There seem to be an awful lot of folks pontificating on abortion who are quite simply unqualified to do so.  Who here is sporting a uterus?  Anyone?  If you don't have one of those, and don't like abortion, have a vasectomy.

I am. And I think abortion after 20-25 weeks is murder.

You are what?  Having a vasectomy?  Hallelujah!

My screen name is feminine, the box is checked 'female' on my profile but yeah, I meant I was having a vasectomy.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hold the phone here.

The original post is asking what terrorism is. Fair question. If someone says part of the solution is gun control then there needs to be guns somwhere in the defintion of terrorism. It's like balancing equations.

Clearly Carl disagreed with you, I thought you were in the discussion when he gave 3 warnings?

• Moderators

The heading is "What Exactly is Terrorism" and our President has stated in Prime time what he thinks should be done about terrorism but no one on this forum should make any comments on what he suggested is the answer to the problem. Go ahead and cry to Chad and Carl.

Oh I won't be crying, just copying and pasting the posts, I don't need to comment.

Res ipsa loquitor

It's just a forum, not a courtroom. It would appear the mods are going to allow guns into the conversation especially since it's part of the larger debate on terrorism, which fits into the title of this thread. I think your objection will be tacitly over ruled.

Seriously, if this thread gets locked one week and over 400 posts later because guns are being brought back into it when they are part of the larger debate across the country, well then why even have a general forum to begin with.

• Moderators

I'm over all the written warnings.  Just caught on to this thread...all of the MODS are keeping an eye on it.  Next step is nine warning points.

This is an AUDIO forum..not a political forum.

Do not push the envelope, we are doing our best to keep this thread unlocked.

You are all adults, or should be, and you know the rules.

Clearly Carl disagreed with you, I thought you were in the discussion when he gave 3 warnings?

The thread isn't locked and I saw people discussing something the president addressed to our country last night and I am participating respectfully. Since a moderator has now come in to assert control we will now fall back in line like good little members.