Klipsch Jubilee newbie seeking help please ....

joeinid

joeinid,

Since you have the change, I would then go ahead with the better driver. Another option at your disposal would be to buy the plain black base bins and have them completely veneered in the exotic veneer of your choice.

We had a member that learned from others here and applied what he learned here to start his own company. His forum moniker is Greg 928 gts .

I believe he calls it Volti audio, the guys here will correct me if I am wrong.

Greg left a bad taste in many of the guys here mouths, because he really didn't know much of anything before he came here, but he does absolutely stunning veneer work.

Personally, I think Greg is overpriced, but he gets what he asks for his labor. Greg is located in Maine, and if I were doing a no bars hold pair of Jubilees and price was not much of a concern, I would have Greg completely veneer them in the exotic of my choosing. You would have the only pair that went this far. I just thought you might want to check out his work so you can make your own decision.

Guys, someone post Greg's business home page and also the Klipsch link for our new forum member here.

You could also consider a custom box for the 402 horn assembly as well :)

By the way, picked up my new phone this afternoon, number is the same :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Thank you Roger.

Are you talking about Greg of Volti Audio fame?

Joe

Joe,

Yes, Volti Audio, that is him!

Learned everything he knows off of others here, and even posted his first veneer jobs that were bubbled on these pages!

He originally just reveneered old Klipsch Speakers before copying and modifying the LaScala and starting his own company.

Roger

I do confess to hearing his speakers and loving them but keep coming back to the Jubilee.

Thank you for some of the background.

Thank you Roger.

Are you talking about Greg of Volti Audio fame?

Joe

Joe,

Yes, Volti Audio, that is him!

Learned everything he knows off of others here, and even posted his first veneer jobs that were bubbled on these pages!

He originally just reveneered old Klipsch Speakers before copying and modifying the LaScala and starting his own company.

Roger

• Like 1

Joe,

Since you obviously do like tubes, others here have run tubes to the 402 with solid state amps to the bass bin. The main thing you want to do with an active cross over is delay the signal to the 402 so that the sound of the bass bin arrives at your ears at the same instant that highs arrives.

The horn on the Bass bin is longer and since horn drivers are not flush mounted at the face of the speaker, we have to compensate in milliseconds of delay for the difference in distance that the sound has to travel.

Roy Delgado has worked up these time delays for the Jubilee.

Roger

Roger,

I do like tubes but my system in on and playing so much that I also have some SS gear. Since I may have to go with an active crossover, I was thinking more along the lines of modestly powered McIntosh amps or possibly dual Pass XA30.8 amps. I still need to figure out the speakers, the amplification will come later. I assume lower powered amps, tube or SS, will be ok? I do not crank the music and want to be sane with my amp choice.

Joe,

Since you obviously do like tubes, others here have run tubes to the 402 with solid state amps to the bass bin. The main thing you want to do with an active cross over is delay the signal to the 402 so that the sound of the bass bin arrives at your ears at the same instant that highs arrives.

The horn on the Bass bin is longer and since horn drivers are not flush mounted at the face of the speaker, we have to compensate in milliseconds of delay for the difference in distance that the sound has to travel.

Roger

• Like 1

Roger,

I do like tubes but my system in on and playing so much that I also have some SS gear. Since I may have to go with an active crossover, I was thinking more along the lines of modestly powered McIntosh amps or possibly dual Pass XA30.8 amps. I still need to figure out the speakers, the amplification will come later. I assume lower powered amps, tube or SS, will be ok? I do not crank the music and want to be sane with my amp choice.

Joe,

Roger

Joe,

They are extremely efficient and obviously only need as much power as you personally desire. 

There are a lot of guys here that drool over Nelson Pass stuff, and I must confess to running four of the old Nakamichi PA-7II and PA-7 amps that Pass licensed his STASIS circuit too.

A lot of guys here run McIntosh in both tube flavors and SS Gear.

One member here, JC is running a pair of the SS Mac 1,000 Watt Mono Blocks, but I don't know what he has hooked up to them these days :)

Roger

Joe,

I was in Electrical Engineering before I dropped out to get married. These days, both my Wife and I are registered nurses. Do you feel comfortable letting us know more about your Mom, or maybe you would like to discuss later in the week on the phone?

I am 51 and seeing a lot of decline in my own parents health, but they are still both independent. My moms cousin just passed a few weeks ago with end stage renal, and my moms sister is going through Alzheimer's. :(

Gregs forum name is greg928gts it has no capitals or spaces and I copied this web url from his membership here Website URL

profile_website.gif  http://www.klipschupgrades.com

Roger

Hi Roger,

I'm sorry to hear about your family issues. I commend both you and your wife for being nurses. VERY noble. We will talk later in the week for sure.

I'm 52, Dad passed away 4 years ago next weekend. He was 91 years old. Mom is younger at 83 but definitely feeling her age and now her eyesight is getting worse.

Everyone here has been wonderful. I am looking forward to adding Jubilees to the room if everything works out.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Also, the spread of sound...  (looking for the picture)

Funny you say that, just last night I was playing around with a Db meter. I stood in the center of where I sit, 95Db, I walked all around the room and had the exact same numbers even on a sidewall. The only place i had anything different was in the center close to the ceiling in the center of the room, and it was 5-6 Db higher.

The speakers are in the corners of a 24' wide room with a Tv in the center, I can walk to within 3' of the Tv and the sound still sounds like it's coming from the center. The width of coverage is amazing on the 402 horn.

Besides the clarity to me the best thing is how large they sound, the sound does not sound like it's coming from a speaker but the whole area, it just sounds huge, even bigger than they actually are, by far. 

Ok can you tell I love them, it's the best I have ever had by a long way, and I don't have jubs, just the 402 on mwm bins. Jubs do fit much easier in a room than what I use. 

Not trying to talk you into buying some, but also have no reason to BS you.

As you can see our room is far from the best for listening, the room goes 16" from the back of that sofa which is 18' from the front wall,  but it sounds great to us.   Jubs would have fit much easier.  :lol:

post-9700-0-67940000-1449454496_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

I guess these would not fit through a standard door, would they? Damn, you guys are awefully sweet. I'm thinking.

Can I get an approximate measurement? LxWxH? If I can get them is the basement, I just might do it.

Can just 2 people carry them by themselves?

OMG! you guys are spoiling me.

Joe

Without holding anyone to it, approximately how much can I expect to pay for a pair of the 2 way Jubilees setup properly?

So the horn is the K402? Any idea what the bass bin is and its size/weight?

Road trip to Knoxville to get some MWM's and some K33's could likely be done for less than that.  If it would make you feel better, I'd be willing to charge $1,000 for the bass bins so you felt you got a steal!!

:ph34r:  :blink:  :ph34r:

Edited by joeinid

Yes, they fit through a door...turn them sideways...

KPT-KHJ-LF (Bass Bin)           KPT-402-HF

Height     40.0" (101.6cm)                     27.25" (69.22cm)

Width      41.5" (105cm)                        39.75" (100.97cm)

Depth      24.5" (62.23cm)                     23.75" (60.33cm)

Weight   180 lbs. (82kg)                        60 lbs. (27.2kg)

I'd use a furniture dolly over flat floor areas,  and a couple of large pieces of thick cardboard to get them down or up stairs.  Two can handle easily each bass bin, The HF horns can be carried by one.

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1

I interpreted the question to ask if the MWM's would fit through a door (??)

here's their measurements (the bottom section)

http://images.klipsch.com/KPTMCM4T_635042118445440000.pdf

32 1/4 high (so a 36 inch door would really help) and 67 1/4" wide by 45" deep

Two can handle both the Jubilee bass bin and the MWM bass bin however, the MWM is obviously larger.  Mine don't have any handles.

• Like 1