Klipsch Jubilee newbie seeking help please ....

joeinid

This is true.  If you started off with the 3 way, you could swap drivers and go 2-way.  Pick your favorite and keep 3 way or sell the horns.

No doubt to me that you could sell the 510's pretty darn quick if you wanted to.  The K1133 driver (midrange) might be a different issue though. 

Don't forget though that horns are honky.

That's the only thing that concerns me. If they are not overly honky, I'll be fine.

This is true.  If you started off with the 3 way, you could swap drivers and go 2-way.  Pick your favorite and keep 3 way or sell the horns.

No doubt to me that you could sell the 510's pretty darn quick if you wanted to.  The K1133 driver (midrange) might be a different issue though. 

Don't forget though that horns are honky.

• Like 1

How long has Klipsch been using the B&C version of the K69 as opposed to the P-audio?

I believe that Klipsch has been using the K-69-A since the mid-2000s, and the K-69 before that, I assume for 5 years or so, perhaps longer.  The K-69-A is significantly less money per driver--which is the reason why the switch was made for the cost-conscience cinema marketplace.  Roy has also offered the B&C and perhaps one other driver as higher priced options.

You heard both the K-69 and K-69-A in Hope, if you recall.

Chris

Thank you very much!

Seems like this is where the fun is at :D and happy to be here.

Edited by joeinid
  • Like 1

• Moderators
You heard both the K-69 and K-69-A in Hope, if you recall.

I didn't recall that, so you made me go look, had no idea what I had, it's the K-69-A. It's been a long time, they will be 7 years old in march, time flies.

• Like 2

Elton, I believe that was when you weren't able to be there.  But Mark was there--doing a lot of standing in the back of the room.  ;)

It was actually an error in using the K-69, since they thought they were using a K-69-A.  It took them until lunch time to catch it and swap out the drivers.

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I don't recall either.  That was back in 2007 I think.  Must not have sounded too different or I would have remembered.

All my K-69s have been P-audio though.  That's what came on my horns, sold them, repurchased 2 pair.......all p-audio.

Well you know where mine came from, you broke them in for me, thank you very much. :)   

I may be able to get the 3 way KPT-Jubilee/535-B from a local dealer for less and experiment from there. I am not sure how crazy I want to get though.

If you go the 3 way route model you quoted above, you will be on your own with EQ.  There is no "not behind the screen settings" for this setup.  I've asked more than once.

You would have to RTA your setup.  Then make your own adjustments.  This can be time consuming.  However, if you get it right.......hard to beat.

jc

• Like 1

Thank you jwc,

I know that this may be "overkill" but I found this last night. I know it can be mostly automatic, but not sure if I need to plug in anymore than crossover numbers and let it do the rest. A friend is a dealer and I may be able to try it out before purchase.

Even this on the 2 way Jubilee seems like it would kill other options. Any thoughts?

http://deqx.com/product-hdp5-overview.php

HDP-5-front-modified.jpg

I may be able to get the 3 way KPT-Jubilee/535-B from a local dealer for less and experiment from there. I am not sure how crazy I want to get though.

If you go the 3 way route model you quoted above, you will be on your own with EQ.  There is no "not behind the screen settings" for this setup.  I've asked more than once.

You would have to RTA your setup.  Then make your own adjustments.  This can be time consuming.  However, if you get it right.......hard to beat.

jc

Edited by joeinid

That unit got great reviews.  I've never heard it.

You never know what the "auto" EQ will do.  That K402 has a huge peak around 1500Hz.  W/O taming it, you can't tolerate the sound.  It is aweful.   I've seen the "Audessey (sp) program" do little to tame it.  See we aren't talking " a little here and a little there" to salt and pepper room issues.  The K501 and K402 has substantial EQ needed.  These automated EQ software weren't designed to do that.  I just say this as a word of caution.

You wouldn't want to spend 8 grand .......and not be sure of this.

Before I would purchase that speaker, understand some room RTA software and understand the concepts of "parametric EQ" and "shelves".

Again...if u get it right.....complete awesomeness.

Edited by jwc

Important point just made that there are not any "klipsch official" settings for home use for the 3-way Jub.

But.....it really ain't that hard to EQ the 3-way.  Here's why.

The major EQ point for both the 510 and 402 are from 500-5000 Hz to flatten the CD horn.  That big hump JC mentioned needs to come out.

WIth crossover points at say 600 and 6000............you EQ the 402 virtually same as with the 2-way setup in the 500-5K region.  Easy.

Since the upper crossover on the 510 is at 6000 the only EQ I have found that is needed is for pure taste to flatten or tune up the tweeter.  You are past the CD horn curve at 6K.

Now I made it sound easy but I did have to use an RTA and I was already familiar with these horns and drivers and the required settings.  SO I had some practice before the 3-way arrived.

• Like 1