Klipsch Jubilee newbie seeking help please ....

joeinid

The MWM bins would be hard to get into most houses, as they are about 35 inches tall (the skinniest dimension). Much easier to get the Jubilees through the doorways.

The ones we got from JWC don't have handles either, so they are really hard to hold onto!

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

Yes, I really think the MWM bass bins will be too big for me. I quick measurement tomorrow will let me know for sure. Fingers crossed.

I just received an email from Spencer at American Cinema. I have a few questions for him, but eveything looks in line with what I was thinking and of course, with all your advice, collectively.

I will start a separate thread regarding active crossovers after I do a search to make sure this has not been covered before.

Joe

I interpreted the question to ask if the MWM's would fit through a door (??)

here's their measurements (the bottom section)

http://images.klipsch.com/KPTMCM4T_635042118445440000.pdf

32 1/4 high (so a 36 inch door would really help) and 67 1/4" wide by 45" deep

Two can handle both the Jubilee bass bin and the MWM bass bin however, the MWM is obviously larger.  Mine don't have any handles.

Chris,

This is perfect! Thank you so much.

Joe

Yes, they fit through a door...turn them sideways...

KPT-KHJ-LF (Bass Bin)           KPT-402-HF

Height     40.0" (101.6cm)                     27.25" (69.22cm)

Width      41.5" (105cm)                        39.75" (100.97cm)

Depth      24.5" (62.23cm)                     23.75" (60.33cm)

Weight   180 lbs. (82kg)                        60 lbs. (27.2kg)

I'd use a furniture dolly over flat floor areas,  and a couple of large pieces of thick cardboard to get them down or up stairs.  Two can handle easily each bass bin, The HF horns can be carried by one.

I saw this searching the web.

This is the thread and the photo below.

http://www.3d-dental.com/index.php?threads/the-music-thread.33/

Has anyone heard these? Overkill does come to mind but these compared to properly implemented Jubilee, what's better?

http://www.klipsch.com/KPT-Jubilee-535-B/details

153019-klipsch-venner-jubilee.jpg

Edited by joeinid

That's a 3-way cinema Jubilee 535 configuration.  I'm not sure what crossover he has, but it's a passive the last time I checked.  I personally believe that the 3-way is only justified if you're using a titanium diaphragm compression driver that has chattering issues above 10 kHz. Otherwise, I'd recommend something like a pair of BMS 4592ND dual ring-diaphragm drivers instead since they won't have time alignment and polar coverage issues at crossover that the cinema 3-way version will have.  YMMV.

Here's his profile if you want to ask him questions:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/user/55152-turbox/

Chris

Edited by Chris A

Thank you Chris,

I received info from Spencer at American Cinema with this config:

Klipsch Jubilee® 2-way system

KPT-KHJ-LF Jubilee® Cabinet

KPT-402-HF w/BNC75DE Installed

I just need to add a crossover passive/active and I'd be set.

I am sorry if this seems like it's getting out of hand but I want to make the right choices.

Does the above config agree with everyones recommendations.

Thanks!

Edited by joeinid

I received info from Spencer at American Cinema with this config:

I just need to add a crossover passive/active and I'd be set.

I am sorry if this seems like it's getting out of hand but I want to make the right choices.

Does the above config agree with everyone's recommendations.

That B&C DE75 is the original K-69 driver, I believe (i.e., NOT the K-69-A)...and is a good driver, much better than it should be at its price point.  I've heard both in a controlled environment, and the K-69 was noticeably better.

The configuration looks right - the important thing is the driver on the K-402 horns isn't just a midrange driver, such as the K-1132, for instance.

Chris

Edited by Chris A

I saw this searching the web.

This is the thread and the photo below.

http://www.3d-dental.com/index.php?threads/the-music-thread.33/

Has anyone heard these? Overkill does come to mind but these compared to properly implemented Jubilee, what's better?

http://www.klipsch.com/KPT-Jubilee-535-B/details

153019-klipsch-venner-jubilee.jpg

This is.  I have tried both 2 & 3 way with 402s/510s and multiple driver types, coax, etc. and it was clearly 3-way for me.  This would be the Jub setup for me, but others might prefer 2-way.

I have this exact setup with DBB bass cabinets at one end of my room, and my avatar at the other end of my room.  Plenty of experience comparing these horn combinations and also with different drivers.

• Like 1

Is the B and C 75 the K69? If not have the crossover settings been done for it?

I believe the active digital crossover settings were done for that driver, but I presently can't find them.  I'd use the published K-69-A settings as the starting point, since the reputedly P.Audio-derived K-69-A is a knockoff of the B&C DE75 driver...reputedly. 

It wouldn't be difficult to tweak the K-69-A settings using REW and a calibration microphone--if it needs tweaking at all.  The two sets of settings were pretty close, IIRC.

Chris

I should have included the 3 options Spencer provided. I will post below. I reached out to Roy at Klipsch for crossover info. Hopeyfully I can wrap this up in the next few weeks. I think another member is ordering a pair and going active crossover setup. I hope to find out more from him.

KPT-402-HF w/K69A Installed

KPT-904-HF w/BNC Driver

Hi Mark,

I have not listened to any of these, nor have I travelled to go hear them. It would not be the first time I bought gear unheard. I had Cornwall III's and miss them. I never should have parted with them. I am told, and truly believe it, that these Jubilees are in another world musically.

Have you listened to any of these?  Have you listened to any of the 3 way configurations?

Edited by joeinid
  • Like 1

I have to assume then that you will experiment with drivers because using the choices given in 2-way may not suit you perfectly.

I'd suggest to "get the speakers in the house" first and go from there.  I haven't heard the BNC drivers so I can't offer any advice there.

I honestly didn't know the K69 was made by BNC as well as P-audio.  I have the P-audios.

Ebay has a lot of TAD-402s with Beryllium right now.  More than I've ever seen and the prices are very reasonable.  I'd by the cheapest from Klipsch and go right to those.

• Like 1

I may be able to get the 3 way KPT-Jubilee/535-B from a local dealer for less and experiment from there. I am not sure how crazy I want to get though.

I have to assume then that you will experiment with drivers because using the choices given in 2-way may not suit you perfectly.

I'd suggest to "get the speakers in the house" first and go from there.  I haven't heard the BNC drivers so I can't offer any advice there.

I honestly didn't know the K69 was made by BNC as well as P-audio.  I have the P-audios.

Ebay has a lot of TAD-402s with Beryllium right now.  More than I've ever seen and the prices are very reasonable.  I'd by the cheapest from Klipsch and go right to those.

I'd say do it.  However........you may prefer the 2-way to the 3-way.........you never know.  You can add the 510s later though they are not so easy to get a hold of.

The biggest difference I found between the 2-way and 3-way is that even with improved drivers on the K-402, including the TADs and even the very powerful BMS-4592ND coaxial driver, the highs just don't have the emphasis that the 3-way version has.  The 402 produces those high frequencies and they can be measured just fine.  But it's in the perception.

If you are a Heritage fan then you have been listening to 3 way systems and tweeters for a long time.  You will notice a smoother and less emphasized top end from the K402 although the extension is measurably there.

Once you put a 510 on top it's like a giant Heritage with more of the attributes of that style of Klispch sound.  I just don't know how to describe it any better than that.  I always thought the Jub needed a tweeter.  No turning back for me.

When I heard it, that's what i wanted.  But I will say the 2-way guys love their 2-way as well.  So everyone is different.

• Like 1

I appreciate you trying to describe the sound.

I am still waiting for Roy to get back to me and I should know in a day or two what the cost is on the 3-way.

I guess there's nothing stopping me from turning the 3 way into a 2 way with appropiate driver replacement.