"It's been a quiet week in...

Mallette

Well, you have to remember that Texarkanians have dual citizenship.  The first 45 rpm record ever issued was Eddy Arnold's "Texarkana Baby."  Describes me perfectly.  My dad was a REAL west Texas cowboy and my mom pure hillbilly from the mountains of Arkansas.  We were living in Texarkana, Texas when I was born, but I was born in DeQueen because they'd paid for my birth (100.00) there before moving.  

Proud as hell of both heritages as cowboy and hillbilly are tough to beat.  

New address is just about 150 feet on the Arkansas side at 116 E. Broad Street, Texarkana, AR.  

Dave

• Moderators

Well, councilor, you should have more facts. The owners of the chattel had a restraining order against the guy entering the property.

Dave

It's in Arkansas, apparently it is a crime there as suggested by the article, so the prosecutor says he is going to charge him with the buggery and the tresspass, both misdemeanors.

Obviously, there is a lot more to this with this guy. I'm guessing they caught him at this before and, for whatever reason, decided to pursue it with a civil restraining rather than criminally. Although I don't see mention of a restraining order in the article, just that he was ordered off the property, which is required by most criminal tresspass statutes.

If there was a restraining order he could be jailed immediately, no bond, for criminal contempt for violating the order. I didn't see any mention of that in the article, but "other charges" were mentioned, so I am not sure exactly happened with that.

I think what is really important here is that he hopefully learns learns that it would be completely legal in Texas.

An old "Buggery" definition:

BUGGERY, crim. law. The detestable crime of having commerce contrary to the order of nature, by mankind with mankind, or with brute beasts, or by womankind with brute beasts. 3 Inst. 58; 12 Co. 36; Dane's Ab. Index, h. t.; Merl. Repert. mot Bestialie. This is a highly penal offence.

"A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States." By John Bouvier. Published 1856.

End Quote

Otherwise known as Bouvier's Law Dictionary

Edit: Article says McDonald was "banned" from the property months ago. Still not clear what this means. He was fired and told never to come back? Given a criminal tresspass warning? Or if a protective/restraining order was issued.

The second charge was cut off on the scan and now, on a more carefull look is "beastality", not buggery as I initially thought.

"Ole McDonald had a farm (he used to work on),

And on that farm there were some tiny horses,

With a whinny, whinny here, and a whinny there, here a neigh, there a neigh,

Ole McDonald was dragged off that farm"

Edited by dwilawyer

• Moderators

I was wondering with all the easy women out there today why a horse, then i thought. A horse will never complain, talk bad about you to other horses, ask for money, want to move in, b****, or want to go out, call you to much, well I could go on forever but I still wouldn't do it with a horse.  :o even in Arkansas  :D

Edited by dtel