"It's been a quiet week in...

Mallette

...Texarkana, my home town.  Front page of the "Gazette" included this headline:  "Man accused of having sex with horse."  After decades of living in big cities with the weekly rapes, home invasions, and general murder and mayhem I found this oddly refreshing. 

"I proceeded to walk toward a field where there were miniature mares. Upon finding them, I  took it upon myself to fondle and later have sex with the animal." 

Now, the sheriff had issues apparently with whether or not this was consensual or whether it could be with certainty called animal cruelty or not.  So, he was charged with criminal trespass to make the whole thing easier for all.  The horse will spared having to testify.

So, if you pass through Texarkana, your women and children are safe.  But make sure you keep your horses in a secure, well lit area.

This is NOT a joke...

Dave

Edited by Mallette

I can see this thread taking a downward spiral to the Dark Side, fast.  

I'll start.  :D

+++

So Dave, if the man charged with a crime did what the headline said he did, but was with a pony instead of a horse, could he be charged with statutory rape?   :rolleyes:

We can't just guess about this, we need to be sure as this may impact plans for some people traveling to Texas, depending of course upon what you like to do on your vacation.  This is The Internet and we need some expert opinions!

Where's our Texas lawyers to weigh-in on this?

Edited by wvu80

• Moderators

It is not specifically a crime in Texas, as in most states, to gave sex with an animal. Prosecutors are left with having to prosecute the case under the animal cruelty statute. It has long been the subject of jokes and quips at criminal law and law enforcement seminars.

To prove their case they have to bring in an expert, usually a veterinarian, to testify that harm occurred to the animal.

I don't think consent is ever the issue.

This is what happens when you allow goat ropers and sheep hearders in.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Was the horse male, female or transgender? There might be some other legal provisions that apply.....................

The gender might have mattered up until 2003 when Texas' sodomy law (and by implication 12 other states' as well) was held unconstitutional under Lawrence v. Texas.

Was the horse male, female or transgender? There might be some other legal provisions that apply.....................

If it became known that the person didn't like horses would it then become a hate crime?

And since the horse was probably not wearing clothes, is is a defense that the horse was probably asking for it?

Edited by wvu80