Speed Racer - Any fans?

Arrow#422

I always like trixi.. and the GRX episode.

speedracer_grx_wideshot-1024x319.jpg

Whats not to like about a story where unsavory individuals go to a cemetery on a rainy thundering night to dig up an engine that is so powerful than when you stop driving it you go thru painfully psychoactive withdrawls... it was the best.

• Like 1

If you liked speed racer, you had to like kimba the white lion!

Personally my favorite was racist bugs bunny... I was raised on the shyte! Funnier than all hell, making fun of folks less fortunate than yourself.

Heckle and jeckle were also great...as were super chicken and george of the jungle.

But as an adult, there is only one... J Ward and the group who were responsible for Rocket J Squirrel and Bullwinkle Moose.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

Poor ol' Elmer Fuud  :)

Felix the Cat?

How about

H R Puff N Stuff? 

Pic:

http://www.kcet.org/shows/hr_pufnstuf/images/HRPuf_01350006.jpg

Song:

Took me 30 years to get the meaning behind that series - funny looking back - damn hippies corrupting the youth of the time :lol:

Edited by Arrow#422

Yea man....Speed Racer.... it came on in the afternoon after school. There was a show called Captin Chesapeak....it was a kid show and he played all kinds of cartoons. The Captin played Speed Racer every day at the same time. He would say....time for Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Racerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Man that was a long time agooooooooooooo

Chim Chim was cool.....I liked him

MKP :-)

I wasn't allowed to watch more than 1 hour of TV per week at home as a child. Wild Kingdom and Disney were higher on the list...

Here's to Mutual of Omaha's …..Wild Kingom.  That aired on like Tuesday or Thursday evening around 7 or 8 pm.

I'd be just out of a bath and got to "stay up" past my bedtime just for that show.

edit / addition: Looking at post #10, I concur that it was a Sunday night air time and I rarely was able to "double down" and take in the Disney offering.  :(

If you liked speed racer, you had to like kimba the white lion!

Personally my favorite was racist bugs bunny... I was raised on the shyte! Funnier than all hell, making fun of folks less fortunate than yourself.

Heckle and jeckle were also great...as were super chicken and george of the jungle.

But as an adult, there is only one... J Ward and the group who were responsible for Rocket J Squirrel and Bullwinkle Moose.

Bugs contained multi level comedy.  Kids loved it & parents could enjoy the elevated humor that wouldn't fly today.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

Where I grew up, Wild Kingdom was on Sunday nights right before Disney. If my sister and I pooled our 1 hour allotments, we could watch 2 hours of TV in a row.

As we got older, and allowed 2 hours each per week, my parents would turn the channel selector knob to PBS and then pull off the knob...

I swear the sound for the GRX when cruising at those insane speeds had to be a prop powered airplane.

Another great episode was the Mammoth Car. A multi partitioned vehicle made of gold catching fire and melting.

The Car With a Brain was another scary one. Reminded me of ELP'S Tarkus.

Edited by Mighty Favog

I remember the Car Acrobatic Team managed by Captain Terror featuring lead driver, Snake Oiler; in the three-part episode titled, "The Most Dangerous Race."

https://youtu.be/EWIlDV_KIFI

Also the episode titled, "The Trick Race" was funny where Speed finally gets a chance to ask Racer X if he is his older brother and Racer X responds by punching Speed in the stomach.  Isn't that what older brothers do best?