New Here

Deronb1

Welcome to the forum.  Both those speakers have great reputations, the RB-75 is on the "most wanted" list for a lot of people.

If you get a chance, post pictures.  We love pictures around here.  B)

post-58280-0-58000000-1450751331_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80

Switching over to Klipsch from Polk is the best decision you could make.

Keep your eyes and ears open to other options, there are lots of great choices out there besides the ones you listed.

Ive run through quite a few different bookies. Dali, Totem, B&W, Mirage, Polk of course, but have not had horns yet.

Switching over to Klipsch from Polk is the best decision you could make.

Keep your eyes and ears open to other options, there are lots of great choices out there besides the ones you listed.

Ive run through quite a few different bookies. Dali, Totem, B&W, Mirage, Polk of course, but have not had horns yet.

If you don't mind me asking two questions, why such little speakers, and what is your budget?

If you really want to experience horns, I would have you at least listen to a great horn speaker first.

Not trying to dis your choice, but trying to understand what is important to you and why?

Roger

I prefer how booksheles image. Have had best results on my gear with monitors, good stands paired with two musical subs.

Then as long as you have room, and a decent budget we need to pop your cherry because you can't make an IPhones speakers sound like a book shelf, and you can't make a book shelf sound like a floor stander, and you can't  make a floor stander sound like a big pro speaker. There is something called physics and sound reproduction gets better the larger you get.

Personally, I would recommend at a minimum a pair of Heresys as the absolute smallest I would go, but if you are to experience true horn sound, you should at least listen to a speaker that is fully horn loaded.

Where do you hail from? and how far are you willing to travel just to listen to some great speakers? Maybe we can arrange something for you?

Roger

• Like 3

These RB-75's may still be available through Ebay or even here within the forum:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RB-75-Main-Stereo-Speakers-Top-of-the-Line-Best-Bookshelf-Ever-Made-/321952016269?hash=item4af5d5e78d:g:yUkAAOSw3KFWcy8b#shpCntId

Edited by Arrow#422

Dayton, Ohio area. I understand your point on floorstanders, but ive found clear mids and sparkling highs to be more prevelent with monitors. Im not looking to move a lot of air and do a majority of my listening at low to medium levels.

welcome to the forum! and i hear you on some good monitors. their are times when big speakers are a must for me but for music, two nice bookshelves and two good subs. i have had a few of the klipsch bookshelves. rb-51, rb-61, rp-160, rb-25, and the amazing palladium P-17B. i picked up a brand new pair of the palladium bookshelves for a tad less that 2 grand. they were worth every penny. the next best i thought are the latest 160M's. they really are great. i haven't heard the 75's but i hear lots of good things. 

Edited by Scrappydue

wvu80 - the ebay listing for the RB-75's is a member here.  lots of amp stuff too - sunfires mostly when i looked.

It was "ended", not believed to have been sold.

if OP can make the deal on the 5's, great.  i was only showing him what i knew to be available.

deronb1 - good luck on the 5's & welcome to the forum.

your journey is just beginning.  hang on, you are in for a hell of a ride  :D

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

Hey, I think you guys are being a little rough on Deron!  
i dont know that i would say rough

He has just acquired what arguably may be the best Klipsch bookshelf speakers on the planet and you guys are trying to bust his budget by having him go larger!  I've never heard the RB-75's but I remember a recent discussion here were the RB-75's were compared favorably to the RF-7's.  
did i miss where he said he bought these? thought he said may have a line on some rb-5's?

I admit being a member of the "bigger is better" fan club, but shouldn't the guy at least plug in the new speakers, be allowed to go "wow these things friggin' rock!" before you try to get him to upsize his happy meal? 
i agree with this. let the guy settle in a bit before  you push the pro line on him.  
  • Like 1

Dayton, Ohio area. I understand your point on floorstanders, but ive found clear mids and sparkling highs to be more prevelent with monitors. Im not looking to move a lot of air and do a majority of my listening at low to medium levels.

Oh padowan, imaging, clear mids, sparkling highs, you have absolutely no idea what you have not yet experienced. I live between Lima and Findlay along I-75 and we can enlighten you ;)

Roger

• Like 3