RIP Meadowlark Lemon

Ceptorman

Here is an excerpt from an old Associated Press article where Wilt Chamberlain indicated that Meadowlark Lemon was at the top of his list as the best.  I believe that Wilt Chamberlain played along side of Meadowlark Lemon while he was with the Globetrotters during 1958 and 1959.

[PHILADELPHIA -- In one of the last interviews of his life, Wilt Chamberlain spoke of regrets, his history with women and the man he thought was the best basketball player of all time.  Believe it or not, Meadowlark Lemon.

"Meadowlark was the most sensational, awesome, incredible basketball player I've ever seen," Chamberlain said. "People would say it would be Dr. J or even (Michael) Jordan. For me it would be Meadowlark Lemon."]

http://static.espn.go.com/nba/news/1999/1012/110905.html

• Like 1

Here is an excerpt from an old Associated Press article where Wilt Chamberlain indicated that Meadowlark Lemon was at the top of his list as the best.  I believe that Wilt Chamberlain played along side of Meadowlark Lemon while he was with the Globetrotters during 1958 and 1959.

[PHILADELPHIA -- In one of the last interviews of his life, Wilt Chamberlain spoke of regrets, his history with women and the man he thought was the best basketball player of all time.  Believe it or not, Meadowlark Lemon.

"Meadowlark was the most sensational, awesome, incredible basketball player I've ever seen," Chamberlain said. "People would say it would be Dr. J or even (Michael) Jordan. For me it would be Meadowlark Lemon."]

http://static.espn.go.com/nba/news/1999/1012/110905.html

Nice write up….thanks for sharing.