Matching center channel for RF-7 Classics

Hey_wayne

• Moderators

And I would highly recommend against shipping.

The exception to this would be if you could get the seller to pull the drivers and pack them separately.

I did that very thing.  Removed the woofers, packed them separately, only to find the crossover broke during shipping.  Problem is heavy box + inertia = broken parts.  Not much you can do about it.

And I would highly recommend against shipping. For some reason I successfully received one in Dallas from Austin, but that is most certainly the exception to the rule. They very rarely survive (woofer baskets collapse on themselves) and replacement drivers are hard to find.

That is something that never occurred to me. Living where I do, all my speakers were purchased online from the south and shipped up. Must have been lucky. Going to keep this in mind in the future as I'm hoping to either get a pair of RF7 IIs or P17Bs at some point down the road.

The RF 7 Classic is a good looking speaker and they don't come up for sale often. Congrats on the pickup!

might get banished for this, but i "like" the original 7's, but prefer the look of the 7II.  the black dust cap takes from the look (to me, just to me). i was (for a while) trying to swap out my RC7 for a RC64, but it just won't work.  i modified my center to match my mains so it won't be a good match for anyone else. 

i just really like the look of the RC64.  if you go original RF7, with original RC64, and then do a crossover mod and have all matching caps (based on your personal taste) you should get a good sound stage.  but then you would have black dust caps and non black dust caps.

My dust caps don't match, lol.  That's OK since I keep the grills on the speakers.  I have been more than pleased running the RC 64 with the RF 7's.  Rarely will you hear a timber problem in 5.1.  Any timber problem is remedy by running 7.1 with FH/FW. 

The RF 7 Classic is a good looking speaker and they don't come up for sale often. Congrats on the pickup!

might get banished for this, but i "like" the original 7's, but prefer the look of the 7II.  the black dust cap takes from the look (to me, just to me). i was (for a while) trying to swap out my RC7 for a RC64, but it just won't work.  i modified my center to match my mains so it won't be a good match for anyone else. 

i just really like the look of the RC64.  if you go original RF7, with original RC64, and then do a crossover mod and have all matching caps (based on your personal taste) you should get a good sound stage.  but then you would have black dust caps and non black dust caps.

it's funny how we all have different taste regarding the looks.  I like the look with the black dust caps and have owned RF's with the new look and keep liking the old.  :D