(4) Black La Scala's in Maine - $300 ea BIN

avguytx

that was me teasing JP. I'm in NJ and they are way to far for me to drive up and get them. I wouldn't chance getting them shipped either as the guy selling them would cancel the transaction once he really saw how much shipping would be.

• Like 1

Hahaha Jim!!!!!   

This guy has an easy sale from me I don't know what's taking him so long here. His listing doesn't make sense either........he has four speakers for sale but only one listed?  I don't want to bug him but I feel like I should call him back and figure this out. He told me he would rather have someone local pick them up but he hasn't changed the listing.

I just talked to him and he is trying to figure it out. He isn't too familiar with computers so he is having someone help him figure it out.

avguytx:  If you want these I will back down. I don't want to take them from you because you found them. So let me know because if you don't want them I am getting both pairs :)

• Like 1

that was me teasing JP. I'm in NJ and they are way to far for me to drive up and get them. I wouldn't chance getting them shipped either as the guy selling them would cancel the transaction once he really saw how much shipping would be.

OK, I don't cuss, so I leave that to my fellow esteemed Klipschites.

You got me.  :lol:

+++

Next time please hit the :P :P :P  button. 

Edited by wvu80

I don't think it matters anyway. The seller doesn't seem willing to change to local pick up.

Shipping would still put them at under $900.00 for a pair. Isn't that still an OK price for them?

Not if they don't work. I worries me the seller doesn't want to do local pickup. I can't see why anyone would want to ship them when someone is willing to come pick them up for free.

That would raise a red flag with me. Pickup is sooooo much easier for both parties.

Serious red flag for sure.  I sent the poster an e-mail asking for more pictures of the complete exterior and internal components and verification that everything is in full working order, and no response.  I can't think of any viable reason to deny local pick up.  Seems like all they've done is purchase on e-bay and I can't find a reference regarding them selling anything.

denying local pic up for La Scalas????!!!!!! That's a blood red flag!!!!

I just talked to him and he is trying to figure it out. He isn't too familiar with computers so he is having someone help him figure it out.

avguytx:  If you want these I will back down. I don't want to take them from you because you found them. So let me know because if you don't want them I am getting both pairs :)

Honestly, I don't believe I can make the deal work this far away.  If you can get them local, which is the best bet, then do pick them up.  One of these days a pair will come up around me that I can actually see up close.  

That's a nice gesture that'd only be trumped by - getting 1 pair to Kip on your way to Hope?

Edited by Arrow#422

Yes I did :)  Wish me luck!!!!  I am heading North in 20 minutes. This will be my first pair of La Scalas. I have been waiting for a decent deal on either La Scalas or Belles. I am moving into a bigger place so these will replace my Heresy II's.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

And thank you avguytx so much for finding this and posting it here!!!

Edit: I did buy both pairs but one pair is going to friend who is also replacing his Heresy I's.

Edited by xxJPMxx
  • Like 6

Yes I did :)  Wish me luck!!!!  I am heading North in 20 minutes. This will be my first pair of La Scalas. I have been waiting for a decent deal on either La Scalas or Belles. I am moving into a bigger place so these will replace my Heresy II's.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

And thank you avguytx so much for finding this and posting it here!!!

Edit: I did buy both pairs but one pair is going to friend who is also replacing his Heresy I's.

Congrats man…..have a good trip.

Not a problem.  I'm always hopeful that helping with deals in another area will Karma some of them my way someday!  

Keep a look out…..something will come your way….and Karma does pay off.

• Like 1

Wait til Jp goes up there only to see that it was a big prank I'm playing on him. I'm the actual seller and there are no speakers !!!

Figure I'll wait til he's about half way there to let him know.

Edited by Jim