(4) Black La Scala's in Maine - $300 ea BIN

avguytx

I don't think it matters anyway. The seller doesn't seem willing to change to local pick up.

Shipping would still put them at under $900.00 for a pair. Isn't that still an OK price for them?

Not if they don't work. I worries me the seller doesn't want to do local pickup. I can't see why anyone would want to ship them when someone is willing to come pick them up for free.

That would raise a red flag with me. Pickup is sooooo much easier for both parties.

Serious red flag for sure.  I sent the poster an e-mail asking for more pictures of the complete exterior and internal components and verification that everything is in full working order, and no response.  I can't think of any viable reason to deny local pick up.  Seems like all they've done is purchase on e-bay and I can't find a reference regarding them selling anything.

• Like 1

I finally got the guy on the phone. He did add photos. Looks like the serial numbers are consecutive. Here's the thing.

He will accept local pickup after I purchase. He is going to change listing to accept local pickup and wave shipping fees.

It's funny I asked him if he had boxes or anything and how he got the shipping price. He said he has no boxes or anything for shipping. He also said he just punched in the dimensions and weight w/ no insurance online for the shipping quote :/

A little back story.

They were used in a night club. They were hanging so there are holes in the top and an eye bolt in the rear. They look to be painted black. The owner has asked him to remove them since he is closing the club. The owner didn't want them sold to local club owners.

Pretty much a gamble. But at that price it's probably worth the risk?

Edited by xxJPMxx
  • Like 1

Pretty much a gamble. But at that price it's probably worth the risk?

I would say so.  Worst case scenario is that if you have a problem, e-bay will intervene and they normally lean heavily in the buyers favor.

especially when you pay in advance prior to pick up

Sorry to say, but this sounds like a gigantic gaggle ****.  Why would you listen to them AFTER purchase?  If it doesn't specifically say fully functional, blah, blah, blah in the ebay listing, believe me, ebay is going to have a very hard time coming down on your side.

And....if they've been in a nightclub where people smoked for 25 years.....good luck getting that stink out of those.

Edited by jimjimbo

I don't think it matters anyway. The seller doesn't seem willing to change to local pick up.

Shipping would still put them at under $900.00 for a pair. Isn't that still an OK price for them?

Twenty yo LS's that are flat black and have played in an industrial area would bring $800, tops.  No bargain under those conditions.

Six hundred a pair would be about $200 under a "fair market" deal.

The only way I would pay $900 for 20 yo LS's is if they were something I "needed."  If I were bargain hunting I would pass.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Six hundred a pair would be about $200 under a "fair market" deal.

300 a pop is cheap enough to replace a driver or diaphragm here or there and recap the networks and still be in them plenty cheap.

I agree with both here. There is enough of a deal here that parts can be replaced and still be happy. I believe him when he said they should all work fine. I think he is in for a surprise if he does have to ship them to someone else that buys them......I just plugged in some info online and got a much different cost than his......I got $220 from here to there per speaker!!!!   I don't see anyone buying these if they have to be shipped.

I just want the drivers out of them.  I don't care if they stink or not.   :D  I have a friend in Clifton who could pick them up and snag them for me possibly.  Maybe he can go see them first.  Hmmm...

Your find, your post, and eventually your acquisition if it shakes down that way - I see no reason why you'd upset anyone in doing so.