Wife not to mess with stereo settings

dmb12679

The other half is just the opposite...post reform I guess.

She's quite independent and knows more about good sound than average, especially for not being the musician type. Her car system performs better than most hi-fi show rooms, and she knows exactly when something's amiss with anything. She recognizes there's a difference between things, and I simply help her along.

It took her a while, but eventually she has picked it up...ten years of immersion does that.

She's the type where she'd rather not mess with the stereo if she didn't have to, but has no problem diving into it herself if she has to. Best of all, she'll be the first to report when she's made a mistake with the system. We're both the same in that regard.

The article was a fun read.  I am in a house full of women and they don't touch the main rig.  the secondary ones are connected to TV systems and they are happy with just cutting it on/off, changing channels and volume adjustment.  Anything more and they ask me.  I can't remember when they last used Netflix, Pandora or any other special features. 

• Like 2

I bought my wife her own tool box full of tools. I looked in it the other day, and I think there were 3 tools in it. The rest are scattered everywhere in the house. It's really no fault of hers, she just doesn't care about tools. I, on the other hand, care a great deal about my tools. I was in my screwdriver drawer this afternoon, and I noticed some of the screwdrivers were turned the wrong way. I muttered a few expletives about somebody putting tools away who don't know where the hell they go. You see, I keep my flatheads and pointy screwdrivers laying left to right, and my phillips' laying right to left. All the ends in towards the middle, and the handles are on the outside. Without lights on, I can grab the screwdriver I need. 

My wife loves to bake, and I could care less. I love eating baked goods; just to be clear. If I went in and organized her baking stuff, she would poison me or suffocate me in my sleep.   :)

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 4

Women and drunks should never be allowed within ten feet of a turntable.

Er, um, could someone fly in, take a taxi (on me!) and please, please flip this record over to the flip side. 

After six hours Cher's,  Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves" is getting rather old.

• Like 1

Yesterday while Denise was gone I changed out the receiver, added 3 amps to the rig and the other receiver is sitting on a sub and the only thing she asked about was why did I move a 5x7 picture that was now sitting on a totally different piece of equipment.  She never touches a thing, but not because she's not allowed, she just doesn't care.