RV's

Schu

I saw this bad boy outside the local grocery store this last weekend... I love this thing. The only that would be better is if it were a 6x6.

Parking like a boss!

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pict's...

25644884590_56d5df8216_k.jpg

25824690262_5eb4b6d666_k.jpg

25312790234_95d69ba0be_k.jpg

25850515651_e62abd10b5_k.jpg

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

Is that what MKP is bringing to Hope :D

OH..... I wish....

I tell ya I don't work on Mercedes.... but if I had one those I would learn.....

I would love to have a old Unimog......about 10-12 years ago the Swiss and German army released 100's and 100's of the old Unimog 404's on the open market. These are some bad @ss trucks. If you do a google you'll see what these things can do in stock form... Some people turn the old radio trucks into campers...

This guy that used to come to shop years ago got one. I told him about these old Unimogs... He never even heard of them, but when I showed him the trucks he loved em. he said he was going to get one... I was like.... "right"...... about a month later he calls me and tells me he got one..... It was ex-Swiss army... it was in great shape... but it needed a transmission. It ran and drove but 6th gear was out.... He paid $4000 for this thing with a "new" Mercedes transmission in the crate. He just had to find someone to swap it out. He asked me if I would do it... I told him to swing it by the shop and I would have a look at it... Later that week he stopped by in his 1968 Mercedes Unimog 404 troop carrier..... It was bad @ss. and yup there was a crate in the back with his new trans. 

I was all over this truck... it was built to go off road.... portal axles.... lockers.... 38"+ tires.... it was big but not to big... Anyway I knew there was no way I could do this job by myself... It would fit in the shop but there would be no room to work on it... The cab would have to come off... I told him you need a shop that works on big truck... me and my little Honda shop is not getting twisted up in this....... Now if it was mine..... yea I would jump in it ;)

Anyway.... do a youtube of Mercedes 404 Unimog... it's worth a look... imho

MKP :-)

• Like 1