Did you see what I saw?

Arrow#422

Regarding the posting of finds that I can't personally acquire the question then becomes either to post, not to post, or PM locals I'm familiar with. Considering non-forum members regularly seek out deals by browsing here, I have yet to reach a final decision on this.

Maybe the alerts section should be restricted to forum member only access?

That would align nicely with PM ability only amongst forum members which excludes the general public from items found in the garage sale section.

Much like the Emotiva site as well.

I like that idea. There's actually quite a bit of forums that aren't even audio related that their classified section is restricted to members only.

IMO, information is power. The Alerts section makes information available to more people, Whoever, whether forum member or not, values an item the most will get it if they act quickly. I feel that worrying about steering items toward, or away from, certain individuals is naive.

For a forum member seller to show preference to forum buyers is noble and reasonable. The last slice of pizza analogy fits. Families frequently decide which member is entitled to the last slice of pizza. To think that a family can, or should, try that at a pizza buffet restaurant is misguided. While the family is deciding which family member deserves the last slice, some snot-nosed kid from another table grabs it. Implicit in this discussion is that forum members are the buyers and non-forum members are the sellers. That is not always the case.

More exposure tends to benefit sellers, which we have all been, or will be, at one time or another. Conversely, more exposure has the potential to bid up prices, to the detriment of buyers. Remember, a truly "fair deal" is fair to both parties.

Keep the information flowing,

Edited by DizRotus

http://wichita.craigslist.org/ele/5555289885.html

Eye candy - Mahogany KLF-30's

$950

Ph# included

Stopped by his house to pick up some RB-5s on my way to New York. Saw these KLFs in person. They're beautiful and sound exactly as you'd expect them to. He's a total Klipsch nut and previously had KLF-20s(?) for surrounds(or maybe it  was another pair of 30s) and since replaced them with, I believe, KSP-S6s.

• Like 1

Regarding the posting of finds that I can't personally acquire the question then becomes either to post, not to post, or PM locals I'm familiar with. Considering non-forum members regularly seek out deals by browsing here, I have yet to reach a final decision on this.

Maybe the alerts section should be restricted to forum member only access?

That would align nicely with PM ability only amongst forum members which excludes the general public from items found in the garage sale section.

Much like the Emotiva site as well.

I like that idea. There's actually quite a bit of forums that aren't even audio related that their classified section is restricted to members only.

If the current open access to the Alerts section were to be closed & made available to forum members only, it would add incentive for the "outsiders" to actually join, instead of playing peeping tom & continually peering through the windows.  This in turn could add additional knowledge, perspective, & content to this site which, I believe, would be a good thing overall.

Consider the Garage Sale section as it now stands - there is zero means to contact a seller there unless you join the forum and have access to the PM functionality here.  Only if a seller posts his Ph# or email would an "outsider" have the ability to inquire, or pursue a purchase.

So, how would it be any different?  Something for the uppers to consider unless we collectively enjoy sharing our finds with the general public that the current non-exclusive accessibility provides. 

Thank you for your continued, and "insightful" response(s).   :rolleyes:

A contribution to the discussion above would've been better, but I know not to expect too much.

With that out, I do, genuinely, thank you for your input on the Jensen A-12's.

Now, if you'd only unblock me from PM's maybe you'd see I'm not so bad - or worse than you originally thought.   :lol:

To each his own, and no skin lost here.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

^^^ Brings to mind the late Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?" ^^^

Highly doubtful.  

I'm not the 1st, nor last to point out "this one's" propensity to instigate.

Allowing for the benefit of doubt, maybe it is done subconsciously.

Still, no excuse.

Their routine of pissing in my threads, and immediate posts to mine with non sense filled comments, does tend to get old.

Edited by Arrow#422

Please be sure to let us know when you have something actually worthwhile to contribute, such as something technical or perhaps regarding your experience with refinishing cabinets or building tube amplifiers, or, you know, something other than posting for sale (although rarely in your area), or, mostly, just whining.....or just blah, blah, blah, because you have nothing better to do.

Please contribute content that is valuable to others, rather than mostly wishy-washy contradictory statements, that you almost immediately edit for some reason....then, maybe, you could be taken slightly seriously.

• Like 1

I see - a possible Moderator in the making.

Quickly closing in on 5000 posts, and with it, a key to the BS section.

It may take awhile, and IF a Mod in the making can moderate their own posts, we may have a likely candidate for the future.

Edited by Arrow#422

:emotion-25: both of you. Please STFU.

Please stay on topic - its part of the TOS don't you know.

I appreciate the "love" but what did you SEE ?

STFU = shut the fuchsia umbrella?  if its not raining, why was is open in the 1st place?

Edited by Arrow#422