New $20 Bill picture

wvu80

New $20 Bill Picture  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Harriet Tubman's picture on new $20 Bill?

• I like the change
    • I like the change but I would like to see someone else's picture
    • I don't like the change
    • Other (explain)

The Treasury Department announced the new $20 bill will feature abolitionist Harriet Tubman, replacing former President Andrew Jackson.

It would make Tubman the first woman on U.S. paper currency in 100 years.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/20/change-for-20-treasury-to-replace-jackson-with-tubman-on-bill.html?intcmp=hpbt1

+++

Lots of issues here.  Is this political correctness run amuck?  Is this an honor long overdue?  Is it justice to finally remove Jackson from the twenty?  There is no doubt he was a blatant racist and tried to commit genocide on the American Indians (see Trail of Tears).  Many American Indians would not even use the $20 bill because of that fact.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3

I think having Andrew Jackson on any of our current currency is rather ironic.  If you knew your history you'd know why.  He basically killed off the first version of the federal reserve and hated the influence that big international bankers had on government.  Printing him on a federal reserve note makes no sense and probably made him turn over in his grave.  

• Like 2

Ousting Jackson from the $20 bill is fine by me, however this is only another case of appeasement and political correctness by this administration. Pretty soon the twenty won't be worth much anyways...

• Like 1

Ousting Jackson from the $20 bill is fine by me, however this is only another case of appeasement and political correctness by this administration. Pretty soon the twenty won't be worth much anyways...

Yea, I agree with Zim....NM