any mechanics here?

Paducah Home Theater

MLO: Awesome, and $1,000 isn't that bad. Think of what it would have cost if they hadn't diagnosed the same problem before? 4 hours at $139/hr. = $556. Broken plugs --- cha-ching!

The thing is paid for, and if you had payments, I bet they would be more than $1,000 a year too.   :)

USN: I notice he was even tempered and patient all up until the time that nut got stuck on the ball joint. LOL After that he cussed like a trucker. 

I teach kids to cuss before they start. It will make the vehicle behave itself, and you will have a much easier and fruitful repair.   :) I have cussed and thrown wrenches and stuck them in walls.... I always cuss the vehicle out first, then start fixing it!

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 2

I have cussed and thrown wrenches and stuck them in walls.
'68 Chevelle SS 396 water pump went out. Changed out and drove way, 9/16" combo wrench left under the hood and i got a nice two pronged puncture thru the hood.

'68 Chevelle SS 396 water pump went out. Changed out and drove way, 9/16" combo wrench left under the hood and i got a nice two pronged puncture thru the hood.

OMG that sux! Did you take any "this is what NOT to do" pictures?

OMG that sux! Did you take any "this is what NOT to do" pictures?
That would require me to be able to afford Polaroid film at the time.
  • Like 1

MLO: Awesome, and $1,000 isn't that bad.

The thing is paid for...

Total bill was about $2,700 and visits to four different mechanics. :wacko:   But, that includes these nice new shoes though.  And like you said, it's paid for.

New vacuum line actuators near the hubs

supposedly a new solenoid for the front axle (whatever that is)

rear axle pinion and outer seals plus fluid

new BFG/AT KO2's

alignment

all new spark plugs

new front hub

one new coil... she runs like she's brand new. Well, probably at least.

Made me cringe spending that much on a vehicle that is 12 years old, but otherwise it's good, mileage is pretty low for its age, I've mostly taken care of it, transmission and muffler guys inspected all they could inspect and found nothing, plus yeah, no payments and low taxes.

20160512_172425_zpscuoonwl1.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Ford truck story. Our company truck was a Ford 3/4 ton with auto transmission and a snowplow with 4 wheel drive. One winter day the huge cherry picker with 4 six foot high tires sunk into the lawn and was stuck. So we hooked about a 20 foot chain from the Ford truck (on dry concrete)  to the cherry picker and I instructed the driver of the cherry picker that once we get going do not stop as I will be balls to the wall. Off we go as I slammed the chain tight with the V8 roaring in 4 wheel drive with the Ford front end hopping and twisting almost a foot each way high and sideways and slamming back down on the cement and rubber burning and I pulled that cherry picker sucker out of 2 foot deep ditches that were 20 feet long. No sane person would do that to his truck. It was an 1989 truck and went through many suspension fixes, wonder why. Maybe it was because of that day plowing snow trying to push a six foot high drift another foot from the driveway. Full speed ram bam stop dead many times. Finally some snow fell away from one of those stubby bell telephone junction posts which was slightly tilted now because some yeahoo didn't know it was there.

JJK.

Edited by JJKIZAK