First Flight with DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone

Youthman

• Moderators

Yesterday I had stopped by to visit a friend to check out his DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.  He let me borrow it for the weekend because he knows how bad I've got the itch to buy one.  Thought I would share the video I made from my first flight around my neighborhood.

https://youtu.be/kDX7lBQFUGM

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 3

Looks like a LOT of fun.

I have deliberately stayed away from drones. Knowing myself as I do I'm certain that if I play with one I'll end up owning one. Something I simply cannot afford at the moment.

So Youthman... How long before a drone calls your house home? ;)

They are easy to fly once you get the gps set up right.  I got an earlier DJI version a few years back and just put this video up of it's first flight at our weekend getaway - I didn't want to risk hurting anyone on the first test flight.  In addition to being a lot of fun, it's been a very useful tool on some of my projects.  Get one.

Edited by sputnik

and I thought I lived in the boonies....  wow.

I could see where it would be useful to do a quick check of your land.  (we get trespassers during ahem.... hunting season.  Sure would be nice to see them from afar without having to physically go find them)

• Moderators
Why is everyones pools covered in netting?

A lot of inground pools in Florida are like this.  Probably to help keep mosquitos out while everyone is hanging out around the pool.  Or what Cyotee and sputnik said.  :lol:

I've had mine out over 1/2 mile and up over 1,000 feet in altitude before I lost the connection.  That was before the restrictions.  Nice thing about these GPS stabilized drones is that they will return home if the signal is lost.  They won't just fly away.  Also, they will warn you if you're in a restricted area like near an airport.

The range can be extended, I've seen videos of them going to incredible altitudes.

Edited by sputnik