Tornado time

richieb

Best of luck man. Thats scary stuff. My Grandma lives in Nebraska and when I was younger the sirens went off and we had to go to the shelter. Its a surreal experience to have it all go down around you.

Good Zim. Yeah the bad shitt is N and E but just now Heavy rain, 50-70 mph winds. Just let up a bit.

Lived here all my life, typical Tstorm season, wind, rain, hail that one hopes doesn't develop into Tornados.

Part of the deal in these parts, huh Zim.?

Wichita Falls, "Terrible Tuesday" April, 1979.  This is the formation of the F5 at about 5 miles.  By the time it reached the city it varied between 1 and 2 miles on the ground.  Hardly anything in its path stick up more than a few feet.  Pretty even layer of ground up debris.  Left 22,000 homeless, about a fifth of the city destroyed.  Major nightmare.  I've been exposed to several, but this one was a whole lifetimes worth, IMHO. 

Had a friend who lost everything, and I mean everything.  Cars, belongs, everything except what was on them when they escaped.  The massive Buick they were running in was picked up and carried a considerable distance before being dropped.  When it stopped, man was under the front dashboard and wife in the back floorboard.  She had a kitchen range on top of her and there was about a 7 inch diameter tree rammed through the front windshield and out the back.  They'd just closed on a new home across town that was spared, but had moved nothing.

As we sat in the dark with other friends a few days later it got quiet.  He remarked "Well, Julie, I was dreading moving anyway.  Now all we have to do is hitch a ride."

Dave

post-7390-0-71120000-1464368822_thumb.pn

Edited by Mallette