New Belle owner

Rxonmymind

Now you need to spend a few days looking for upgrades on here. Such as new caps. checking all connections the metal horn can be damped a bit with several things loosen and retighten all screws on the crossover check that all wires are hooked up correctly.. From your pics can you get them any further apart ? What year are they find the serial number that will help figure out the year made.

Thanks for the suggestions.I will be actively looking to recap these in the future for sure. There was so much dust back there and a few spiderwebs when I looked at the inside cavity back there. Lol. All clean now and it did check for loose screws, not counting me of course.

I was extremely grateful for the lady having a tech check these out before selling them making sure they worked. Amazing sound as they are even though I've read a few say there's a lack of bass I'm not a heavy bass head and they go low enough for me.

Congrats on your newly acquired Belle's.... Listen to them for a good period of time before you journey down the upgrade path. You will appreciate (or not) any changes that you make. My opinion of course...

Very nice and welcome!

Congrats on your newly acquired Belle's.... Listen to them for a good period of time before you journey down the upgrade path. You will appreciate (or not) any changes that you make. My opinion of course...

Very nice and welcome!

I'll take your suggestion under advisement. The only thing I see that physically could use replacement are the rolls in the little metal squares as the paper seems to have some "unwound". So a recap will be the minimum I'll do. Small baby steps.

• Like 1

Do the tops come off of BELLES to make them easier to move ? I would call Bob Crites and get new caps for them right away.

Yes (4 nuts)

Not worth the effort I wouldn't think (not that much easier to move)

Do the tops come off of BELLES to make them easier to move ? I would call Bob Crites and get new caps for them right away.

Yes (4 nuts)

Not worth the effort I wouldn't think (not that much easier to move)

I agree with this it is not worth the effort to take the tops off. I would also order the Dayton 1% caps from parts express

There was so much dust back there and a few spiderwebs when I looked at the inside cavity back there.

if you want to do some detail cleaning, check or replace any wires, etc.. the top PANEL can be easily removed. There are 4 screws holding it in place.

Those are beautiful! You'll soon (already) get lots of suggestions to make them sound even better. This forum has numerous members who can provide parts when you want to do that. Spend some time with them first, and then you'll be amazed by some easy upgrades.

SSH

• Like 1

I have contacted Mr.Crites and will be ordering from him in the near future. I believe this will be the only upgrade I'll be doing to it.

Forgive my ignorance but could someone tell me the proper name this is instead of me calling it a "paper roll thingy in a square metal box".

Thanks

post-63400-0-29800000-1465756007_thumb.j

That's the transformer do not need to worry about that just the caps and it the inductor has a steel screw in it change it to brass I think is the general rule or just hot glue it in place.. So BUDMAN the tops do come off huh...lol. I still think they would be easier to move with the tops off. If by yourself and not much room in vehicle. Well what I meant was does the horn section come off like the K-Horn I would assume it does since there is a spacer in there. RICK

Edited by ricktate

when i said NOT i was referring to the tops don't come off the Belle like the k-horn with 2 wing nuts. why would anyone want to take a belle apart to move them and no the horn section doesn't come off like the k-horn

i bought a set of k-horns from a guy and he didn't know they come off with 2 wing nuts. it took hours to re assemble the top hat

Edited by Budman

I'm blown away by this speakers efficiency. Did I read 104db correctly? If so then my Sony STR 7055 @ 40 watts can push these speakers without issue. Yikes.

Welcome to the Belle Club. I have used several receivers and amps. I have the Realistic STA2300. Though it's a beast for power and has great SS sound, I like some of my smaller Marantz, Sansui and Harman Kardon for quality.