France needs more knife laws

Bella

Your post appears a bit bat*** insane.

Mr. DWI Lawyer is anything but BS crazy.  (snip!)

Perhaps I misunderstood his post? He seemed to be saying that since he considered the source not credible that the story was bunk. 

He devoted a few paragraphs attacking the site, for goodness sake. But didn't dispute the accuracy of the story at all. That, to me, seems a bit batshit crazy.

First of all Bella, most of the folk posting here are OK, at least that's the way I look at it, including you, my friend.

I get un-easy when ANY member starts making personal comments about another, unless it's a compliment.  The subject of the thread relates to a recent event that was horrific and is disturbing to most of us on a number of different levels, personal, professional, politically, etc.  I know I'm dealing with it by not dealing with it at this particular time.

Mr. DWI Lawyer posted something to be honest I didn't even read, and it has nothing to do with him.  It's just I'm avoiding that topic.  But even though he posted something that may have been disturbing (not his fault) I didn't call him any names.

+++

Personal:  My son is in law enforcement, and this Orlando thing has him concerned.  That makes me concerned in a way I can't help, so I feel very inadequate and powerless right now to put my son's mind at ease.  I am focusing on my son, not the incident.  I hope the Klipsch collective can understand that.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

The French revolution and its ideals (not the aftermath) inspired the American revolution.  They also gave support to the cause in a material way.  If it were not for the French, America as we know it might not exist today.  We might have ended up a part of Canada.  (damn now it doesn't sound so bad).  We could have had the NHL so much sooner and no NFL.

On 6/14/2016 at 4:19 PM, oldtimer said:

The French revolution and its ideals (not the aftermath) inspired the American revolution.  They also gave support to the cause in a material way.  If it were not for the French, America as we know it might not exist today.  We might have ended up a part of Canada.  (damn now it doesn't sound so bad).  We could have had the NHL so much sooner and no NFL.

The American Revolution preceded the French Revolution.  The American and the French were both revolting, but the Americans were so first.

Click and Clack from Car Talk observed that when it came to things automotive, "The French imitated no one and no one imitated the French."

post-6832-0-99120000-1465944792_thumb.gi

post-6832-0-22440000-1465944813_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus

The American revolution got a lot of it's ideas from the burgeoning French revolution.  The French supported our revolution simply because that it was against the English, which while not the whole story, was enough for them as it was.  The English were way more afraid of the French revolutionary ideas and concepts versus the American colonists grievances.  Anyone who dismisses the contribution of the French for modern day ideals of democracy is a denier on a par with any denier in recent history one can name.