La Scalas

mr.pee1

Nice job getting them up and going!

I think you are right to just listen for a while and enjoy them.  You can make any changes down the road if there is something going on you just can't stand and want to do some mods.

Absolutely just listen and enjoy... They are a great speaker and listening is what it's all about. Ignore the voices in your head telling you that you need to do this or that to make them better.

Bruce

• Like 1

What is surprising to me is that I can hear things I have never heard before on my cd's.

This is what I love most about the heritage speakers. You dont hear a guitar playing, you hear someone PLAYING a guitar with the fingers moving across the frets etc. I also like to listen to hip hop artists like Atmosphere and you can hear him sneak in breaths to keep his flow going during passages. Good stuff. 

• Like 2

Like I told my broinlaw , I could hear the pick attack on the individual strings. These speakers have been a secret for a long time. I wish I had a room with corners I could use for khorns , but that's ok I am happy, I will put on Quicksilver " happy trails " and listen to Johns (rip) Gibson SG.

What is surprising to me is that I can hear things I have never heard before on my cd's.

'73 La Scala speakers were my first foray into Klipsch Heritage. What you describe is the first thing that caught my attention. I have since encouraged friends to bring quality source material when they visit and be amazed.

Led Zeppelin's - Since I've Been Loving You - did it for me.  I plugged in my LaScalas, turned up the volume and heard - no kidding - the base drum peddle squeak in the intro.

My brother, who is a drummer, had to tell me what it was.  He's heard it only on his own kit.  Never on a recording.

Thanks PWK!

• Like 2

Led Zeppelin's - Since I've Been Loving You - did it for me.  I plugged in my LaScalas, turned up the volume and heard - no kidding - the base drum peddle squeak in the intro.

My brother, who is a drummer, had to tell me what it was.  He's heard it only on his own kit.  Never on a recording.

Thanks PWK!

I will have to check that one out. One of my favorites is "Wish you were here" by Pink Floyd where in the intro you can hear him sigh and pick up his guitar to play along with the radio.

This is what I love most about the heritage speakers. You dont hear a guitar playing, you hear someone PLAYING a guitar with the fingers moving across the frets etc. I also like to listen to hip hop artists like Atmosphere and you can hear him sneak in breaths to keep his flow going during passages. Good stuff. 

Not only that but on certain songs I can actually hear the singer's lips separate as they open their mouth before they start singing which I have also noticed when watching Bluray's in certain movie scenes since I got my third La Scala to run as a center channel. 

• Like 1

My first Klipsch were a pair of haunted fortes. I would hear knocking with no one at the door. At first I thought is was a loose fitting barracks door but I happened everywhere I lived. Ringing phones as well.