Texas Schools & Vodka

USNRET

I'm very familiar with the brand. It's won many awards but tastes medicinal to me similar to many other grain vodkas.

Maybe you got the record cleaner by mistake?
Nice try.

I hit post to soon.

Medicinal is what you want in a spirit.

In effect not palate.

• Moderators

Paint mixer. I'm wondering if the throw is long enough.

I think the physics are all wrong and it would end up being blended.

It would throw the whole perfect blend out of whack. You might have to compensate with a mist of vermouth.

Edited by dwilawyer

• Moderators

I'm very familiar with the brand. It's won many awards but tastes medicinal to me similar to many other grain vodkas.

Maybe you got the record cleaner by mistake?
Nice try.
I hit post to soon.

Medicinal is what you want in a spirit.

In effect not palate.

The taste would fool the brain into thinking it was even better for you then it really is wouldn't it?

With no horse in the rating of TX university's I suppose its good to see that Baylor has been left out of the conversation. With good reason I'm guessing? Going only on news media reporting would any of you send a child there? Male or female?

Baylor is a very good university.  I wouldn't hesitate.

Ours is all about NJROTC:

"Over the span of the past 20 years, this Unit has been a Navy recognized unit for 19 of those years.  Flour Bluff holds the record for the most Navy National Championships ever earned by any unit in the history of the competition…11 Navy National titles, 10 of them were earned consecutively."

OK, back to apologies...I'm sorry for the diversion

• Moderators

But the high schools here are below average.

Perhaps "on average," but certain school districts here are highly sought-out - even by people moving here from other states.

Yes, very true, Eaines School District in Westlake is one of them.

Memorial High Schhol where a lot of my friends went before going to Rice, Harvard and Yale seems to be quite good, or was 35 years ago. In Dallas they seem to still prefer the private schools.

My HS vs my son's current HS (Texas)

That is based on Std Scores. I don't think you can judge on that. I read all the time some school administrator or teacher being indicted in connection with something improper done in giving the test.

STD scores? Damn, I'd stay away from that place…

• Like 2

My HS actually has a wiki page touting its national status. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._Taylor_High_School

You, and Guitarist for Skynerd are alumni, they are obviously doing something right.

Yes, Mark (Sparky) was a grade ahead of me. My brother is a drummer.  They still play together on occasion.  Sparky is not just some lucky guy; he got his music degree from Univ. of North Texas and can play like few others.  Before Skynyrd, he played with Charlie Daniels.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

Paint mixer. I'm wondering if the throw is long enough. I think the physics are all wrong and it would end up being blended. It would throw the whole perfect blend out of whack. You might have to compensate with a mist of vermouth.

No vermouth for me.  I'll use a tad with gin but not much.

Maybe I need to invent the shaker.  A steampunk apparatus would be cool.

• Moderators

Paint mixer. I'm wondering if the throw is long enough. I think the physics are all wrong and it would end up being blended. It would throw the whole perfect blend out of whack. You might have to compensate with a mist of vermouth.

No vermouth for me. I'll use a tad with gin but not much.

Maybe I need to invent the shaker. A steampunk apparatus would be cool.

I think it needs a longer, slower cycle.

Need a name.

Martini Mixer doesn't do it.

I am thinking something with a cam that moves the shaker in an arc.

Need to know Carl's length of throw and the basic arc of his movement.

• Moderators

Seems someone has already beat us to IT.

Disagree, respectively. You know more about the shaking, but to me the throw it too short and too rapid. It would bruise the ice and/or result in a slight blend. I can tell just by what they are mixing in it. They use mason jars so customers can marvel (which was dumb because they are staring at the girl spinning the machine).

No we need a serious machine. One that uses advanced materials and replacates the precise forces (angular momentum) at play on the ice and liquid within the container.

Edited by dwilawyer