Forum Facelift 2016

wvu80

8 hours ago, Chad said:

If it's a post that was made within the past hour, it displays as "X minutes ago", within the past 24 hours: "X hours ago", the past 7 days: "X (day) at (time", the past year: "(month) (day)", and previous years: "(month) (day) (year)"

No matter what, you can always hover over the post date to see the exact post date and time, for any post.

Thanks Chad. I'm sure that you've been swamped with this. No complaints. Just have to learn where things are. So far it's been user friendly.

Thanks again

Ya know....when first seeing the change I was using my tablet ....Now on my desktop with the dark theme....Totally different thoughts. 

It looks good. To be honest everything is kind of like it was ....but with more pizzas....NOT sterile.

Once again I stand corrected.

G.E.M.

• Like 1

I am getting more and more used to the new forum version. I am hoping the indexing finishes soon. The Activity tab is almost unusable without an index. I imagine the user activity in the tab is bogging down the index process as well. Perhaps the forums should be shut down for a period of time so the indexing can be performed without hard drive distractions. After all, the indexing not only has to process all historical data, it also has to process new posts and compete with manual searches and sorting which is happening routinely when users utilize the Activity tab.

One thing I would like to see is the activity tab pages default to compressed and I would love to be able to see 50 or 100 posts and not just the 25 it is currently set to.

Getting used to the new look. Auto CADD changes their layout every few years and it is frustrating to find where they hid the tools. There are a lot more tabs and dropdowns and it takes time to learn it. 

Thanks again Chad. I'm sure that you have many hours in trying to improve this site. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, JJKIZAK said:

The side control bar keeps disappearing and I have to move off the arrow and click the empty space to get it back about every 5 seconds.

JJK

I'm not exactly clear on what you are talking about here. Do you mean the sidebar column on the right of the topic lists? (where the recent posts, recent gallery images, etc., are listed?)

• Like 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, JJKIZAK said:

It's the little dingus on the right side that raises or lowers the video up or down. However it is working today.

JJK

I must admit i'm still unsure what you mean, but as long as it's working now, great! I'd like to help you out if the problem persists (and it's something to do with the forums itself), so if it happens again, maybe attach a screenshot?

• Like 1

It's the narrow bar on the right side the full length of the screen, arrow on top and arrow on bottom to scroll up and down. I noticed the whole thing disappears when I move the mouse away from it then as the mouse gets closer it re-appears.

JJK

• Administrators
Just now, JJKIZAK said:

It's the narrow bar on the right side the full length of the screen, arrow on top and arrow on bottom to scroll up and down. I noticed the whole thing disappears when I move the mouse away from it then as the mouse gets closer it re-appears.

JJK

The scroll bar?

Hmmm, that has nothing to do with the forums... What web browser (and version) you using?

• Like 1