WTB Klipschorns

gbs

Thanks so much for your help with this.  I guess I could drive 500 or 600 miles or so from Atlanta.  As to price, I'm happy to pay a fair price, depending on style and condition.  I'm not exactly sure what my max is;  I don't have an unlimited budget, at least if I want to maintain domestic tranquility with my beloved wife.

• Like 1

No fur, but otherwise I'm not that picky about the wood finish.  I guess I am attracted to the vintage-looking tweed grill fabric, the B style (with the collar), and as many original parts as possible.  But none of that is essential either.  

OK, good - we've established you do not want fur KHorn's; does that mean fur lined, wrapped in fur, mink, fox, rabbit, etc.

What about fir wood? A little lighter coloring than others mentioned but very presentable. Inquiring, smart asss minds want to know --

• Like 1

Well, you came to the right place, that's for sure....lot's of folks here to help, and you may want to bump this thread once a week to keep it visible.  If you are not familiar, there is a tool called "SearchTempest", that is handy for searching a wide area for specific search terms.  Just a thought.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Could I get some further advice?  What do you all think of these?  http://treasure.craigslist.org/ele/5681600310.html  I contacted the owner, and he also sent me the following pictures of the backs.  There don't appear to be the normal signed stickers, but I see what appear to be the serial numbers, stamped in the wood.  If I am reading them right, and using the codes from this site correctly, this (the x) suggests that they were built in 1982.  But I'm a bit confused because I would have expected the serial numbers to be 7 digits, rather than 6 digits.  And I don't see the codes for the wood finish, which would normally appear on the stickers.

What do you think?  Is the absence of the signed stickers a problem or deal breaker?  Other thoughts?

Other than these issues, the speakers look like just what I was hoping for: nice B style with the tweed fabric.

Thanks so much for your help!

George

• Like 1

Might anyone have any advice on whether it's a bad thing or warning sign if the khorns that I am considering lack signed stickers with the serial numbers?  Thanks so much!  This possible big purchase is scary.

• Like 1

I would not be concerned with the lack of the labels, the stamped serial numbers match and everything looks original.

I think you found what you were looking for, the price seems appropriate and they are close to you. I would take the ride if I were you.

I had to sell mine when we moved and miss them terribly.