9/11 thread -

kenratboy

Well, someone is going to start it (or one of many, so here I go.)

Did you see the opening page for this web site? Nice touch.

However, I will say I think the media is going too far, they are almost glorifying 9/11/2002. It's NOT a bad thing, it just seems like people should try harder to move on while being vigilant, not spend so much time in mourning. In NO WAY am I trying being a jerk, I just think the media is running scared. Anyway, hearing about the 6 year old's dead dad isn't going to make my day better, so I think I will refrain from too much news tomarrow.

Now, it looks like war with Iraq before the end of the month.

Well, God bless America!

us%20flag.jpg

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I dunno. I think it's kinda to be expected that we hear a lot about 9/11 on the first anniversary. I have a feeling that there was a lot of media coverage of Pearl Harbor also. As much as could be expect for means at which they had to get the news out back in those days...

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

f>

I think everyone is swimming in the same sea.

Media articles recounting 9-11 are trite, repetitive, and stating the obvious. Long articles, trying to be different, saying the media articles are trite, repetitive, and obvious, are moreso. So my missive saying articles about the articles are . . .

Gil

Yeah, I'm tired of it. I'm not tired of hearing about the fact that it did happen, I'm tired of the sick feeling I get in my gut when I imagine the horror that the innocent victims must have experienced just prior to their deaths.

I am hopeful that as time passes this act will not be forgotten and that the leaders of our country have the balls to continue to hound the sick basterds that perpetrated this act and to exact upon their sorry asses the same amount of mercy that they had for the innocent people that were killed by their hands.

I hope that we all take this act personally and to resolve that it is our personal responsibility to find the time to learn who the people are that will take our personal safety seriously and to vote those people into office.

There is nothing worse than feeling unsafe in one's own home. We can recoup that warm fuzzy feeling by performing our civic responsibility. We owe it to our kids.

God bless America.

Keith

I Agree Keith. We have the White House taken care of so now we need to get rid of the Liberals like Dasher and Leahey who put Politics before the lives of our citizens and military. It like they want something bad to happen Again for political gain. The job 1 is for the Gov to protect Americans and dont forget that. World harmony comes second.

God bless America and the Statesmen who have the Courage to lead and not be lead by the Polls. Screw the Politicians who never get it.

------------------

Go Forth and Hump the World

The 9/11 attacks hit way to close to home for my comfort. One of the airline attendants killed on the flight that hit the Pentagon was from this area. Some of my best friends works at the Pentagon and I still thank God to this day that they are all okay - I still have the e-mail message from one of them saying so. His office was just one side around from where the plane hit. There was a guy that worked partime at a local Pizza Hut that was killed at the Pentagon. There was a story in the local paper about how everybody at that resturant was devestated when they found out why he did not show up for his scheduled shift on the 14th. My neighbor across the street worked at the USDA watched that plane fly right past her window and followed it all the way into the Pentagon. Also, many of the local fire and police helped out in the rescue efforts up there. I only live about 30 miles from the Pentagon and one of my friends only lives about 2 miles away. I saw first hand the destruction myself.

Yes, we must still go on, but we cannot forget what happened one year ago.

"For we all must unite, stand up and fight, less we forget the 3000 dead on that one September Day."

From "That One September Day", lyrics for a song that I have just recently written.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

I also think the media is oging too far, but for once i don't think it is for their own personal gain, i honestly think that they think we want to remorse and whatnot. personally i would rather remeber what i remember, not remember terrible stories of fathers and mothers never picking their kids up at school because they died in the plane crash. how is that supposed to make us happier? I am not going to watch any tv for a few days, it is too depressing.

Happy Patriots Day

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

For TV, I am watching Courage the Cowardly Dog now. The news is BS right now.

I got up this morning and turned on the TV. Three people reading off ALL the people that got killed. Well, I am NOT going to sit through that, it is way to morbid. It's over, I just want to move on and kick asses that might do this again.

I don't know which channel, but there will be a show called, "The Babies of 9/11." It's simple about babies born on 9/11/2002. If that is not a load of BS, what is?

Well, back to life. What more can you do? When my grandma dies this summer, no tears, just acceptance and understanding (BTW, we LOVED her a LOT, so it wasn't like a trivial thing.) What more can you do. It's sad, but we all have "X" amount of time here, so we might as well use it as best as we can.

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

My freshman year in high school we had about 9 people die in car wrecks in my school. When you have less than 600 people in your school that makes a huge impact. It seemed like every two months more qould die. It was the most depressing year. 3 of the people that died i was very close to, dated one. But you know, each year I do not cry on their deaths. I remember what we had together and try to forget the saddness. If I read their names out every year, all 9, I would get depressed and it would be like the ordeal has happened over all over again. That is healthy. This is not healthy, IMHO.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

Justin though I am sorry for the loss your school had, you can not even compair what happen to 9/11 to what happen to some of your fellow school-mates.

One was an accident, the other was the largest case of mass murder on civilian life our country has ever seen.

You need to reaize that there has been tens of thousands of people accross the states and abroad who have been affected by 9/11. A war has been created due to this. So much of our daily lives are different now. Sure everyone wants to be able to go on with our lives, but the fact remains that this has been a major event in our history.

I for one, think 9/11/2001 deserves a day of rememberance.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-11-2002 at 04:35 PM

I was just going population wise, how it had a huge impact on us, to go to school, as they went to work, and see poeple missing. I understand this is a bigger thing, not trying to belittle it in ANY way. I am just noting how we got through it, we tried to forget the painful parts. i am behind Patriots Day, full throttle, but I am not behind making it a day to be sad. I think we should celebrate those who survived, and remember those who died, but not feel the loss, just realize that they are gone, nothing can change that, and that we must go on and not MAKE ourselves sad over this. My ex'gf's mom died on my birthday, made my birthday kinda crummy for her, trying to be happy when she felt so sad. But her father told her how he got over it, celebrating what time they had together and not remembering the sad parts. It worked for them, it worked for Bellville when we had our tragedies a few years ago.

I do NOT want us to totally forget this. That would be a terrible thing to do. I don't care how people personally act on this day, that is their business. I just don't want the media to depict how our emotions are stirred, like they seem so always do. I cried during the Oklahoma bombing, and again during the 1 year aniversary. I was really sad. Ok. But now I must go on, and I have. My dad was flying to DC the day of the plane crashes, on Continental so I knew his plane did not hit, but still, a loved one in the air going to a place where a plane has just crashed into the pentagon. His plan was grounded somewhere at like $9:00-9:30 i guess and he got home a fe days later via rental car. We were ALL worked up then. I was supposed to have my 17th birthday at the hotel room that i always had had my birthdays with my mom wince i was 15, The Hilton Millenium, just yards away from the World Trade Center. Our room was on the... 22nd floor, i think, and faced the WTC. Right out my window you could see Subway, the fountain pool, and teh most wonderful Krispy Kreme ever Wink.gif. The only reaosn i was not there that day was because a weeke my mom went to buy the tickets, buy the tickets, we sold our house and had to move out in 30 days... and our new house was not finished yet, so no time to go to NYC for my birthday. I was kinda upset, but you know, i am moving and that was totally undertandable. My teachers had allready been told that i would be out. So I did'nt go, and that is probably what saved my life. The Millenium Hilton did not collapse, but came extremely close to it, i think they have torn it down now. Our room was destroyed, you could see that from pictures of the ground zero site from CNN's website. I survived becaues I was not their, my best friends sister, who works for Viacomm out there (MTV/CBS) has a office in the world trade center, she did not go to work that day because she woke up late, that saved her life. But we were all unaware because nearly all of Verizon's phone service out there was down, she called about two days later.

I know what it is like to be sad about this terrible event. I could have been one of the victims, but call it fate, whatever, it kept me and my mom away from NYC just long enough to keep us from being on the marble wall.

I think this is a day that should be remembered, not a day that we should gather together, because of the influence of the media, and cry over our lost loved ones and strangers, watch these extremely sad stories of babies that's dad died before they were born, or anything like that. We can still hear the heroic stories but with out the 'punch line'. I got chills, the good kind, when I say the wife of the guy who said on Flight.. 88, "Let's Roll" when he and the others went to attack the high jackers. That is a great story, yes, they died, but they did not have to put a negative spin on it, whatever station it was talked about how happy the wife was to have that put on some F-16 fighter jets (or some jets... i think that is the right kind) and let her baby son, who was not yet born when his father died, touch the seal on the plane and told him, "your daddy said that". That does not make me sad, that makes me incredibly happy. Happy that someone so close to the tragedy is able to grow from it and be a pillar for the rest of the women and men who lost a significant other.

9/11 may have been just what this country needed in a sense to bring back a realization of what we have here. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness. Knowlege is power, let this message go out to the rest of the nation. I am prouder than ever to be an american. And I don't hide that.

I would go on about this, but I will stop here.

I did not want to sound 'morbid' or something for what i posted above, maybe I did not explain myself enough. Hopefully I have here.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

IMHO, the media are sensationalizing what should be a quiet day of rememberance and resolve. Repeating the

endless coverage and clips.....giving the camel jockeys exactly what they want (publicity) and the incentive to top it....sick and tired of hearing the

I knew someone who knew someone stories...

Make it a holiday???? For cryin out loud, do you even know what Memorial Day is? Here's a clue- it's not about barbequeing and a day off from work.

I for one am fed up with this crap.

FWIW, I was there doing my small part.

This message has been edited by k2dx on 09-11-2002 at 10:07 PM

Well, 3.5 hours left of 9/11/2002 (West coast) and no wierd shite, so I guess today was a sucess.

Oh well, tomarrow is September 12th, and back to normal. I hope...

------------------

I'm a pround resident of the planet earth.

I love America and would like to be able to love many parts of this fascinating world.

I haven't been outside the states.

I'm quite happy here in Michigan.

She's got everything I need.

But, I am planning some expansive journeys around the globe.

Just waiting until my kids get out of school.

Maybe, they'll come with me.

It would be a shame if we didn't have that opportunity. What a loss that would be.

We will never forget those lost to us.

Be it from 9-11 or any other tragedy.

Today will forever be remembered in hearts.

As will all tragic days past and those yet to come.

We must try to learn and grow from these.

We must not let them consume us.

The major difference with the events of 9-11, to others of its' kind, is that this event directly affected the safety of humanity as a whole.

A very scary deal indeed.

Where do you go when no where is safe?

May the souls of this tragedy rest in peace.

I believe we should acknowledge this tragic day on a global scale.

I don't believe this day should be capitalized upon.

It was a horrible thing that happened to the world on ours', the "safest" of soils.

I wish for the safety of all of humanity.

I hope for my childrens' future.

I dream of a world united in peace.

I wake to a planet of uncertainty.

Today we live in a world of multimedia. We get all the news in surround sound on our high Definition TV's. Everything that happens small or large is put up the screen for all to see. We are children of the light speed digital age. Lets watch the bomb hit the cave and then 5 min later we have Jeraldo giving us a tour.

Yeah, we have been bombarded by CNN CNBC FOX ABC SMO SHEMP and Curly. But you know what? I have a choice!

I can watch, listen or do nothing at all because I am an American and can decide for myself. I have this right. How many don't?

I love my country and I'm proud we have a President that will stand up for whats right. He understands the feelings of our fellow countrymen. Our country has endured great times of strife during its young age. But it is up to us, the now generation. To be the ones to stand up for what is right. Because if we don't, who else will? And without the good old USA it would be a cold day in the world tomorrow.

My heart and blessings go out to my fellow Americans and all the friends and families that have had to endure their losses.

God Bless America

And to all my fellow forum friends...Thank you!

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Technique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Mitsubishi 50" Screen

Mitsubishi HSU-575 HiFi VCR

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Denon DRA-295 Stereo Receiver Driving Outdoor Speakers

Boston Acoustics OutDoor Speakers

My Home Theater Page http://www.geocities.com/scooterb4u/ScootersHT.html

I just want you all to answer one simple question:

Where oh where where the 4,000 Jews that work in the WTC on 9/11?? Not a SINGLE Jew was there on that day. Don't tell me that all 4,000 of them were sick on 9/11. cwm13.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

This message has been edited by KAiN64 on 09-12-2002 at 02:27 AM

It is true. But, for some reason, the Americans want to "ignore" this fact. cwm13.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier