What ya got?

Harleywood

I'm a new member and I'm sure this has been posted before but what the heck. Post your system specs and let's talk shop. 

I have a Kenwood amp that pushes 125w per channel with 0.03 THD at full rated power 20-20000hz. 0.015 THD at 1/2 rated power and 0.002  1khz at 1/2 rated power with a SNR of 120db and a frequency response of 5-200hz. My turntable is a Kenwood linear track with a P mount Grado red cartridge although I'm currently looking to upgrade if I can find a decent Marantz 6300 that won't break the bank.  I've got that paired with a set of Epic CF-2's 

Epic CF-2 speakers

Current room is 12'x22'

My speakers get moved around a lot depending on how involved I want to get into the music. Best listening area is speakers in opposite corners facing each other and I'm sitting right in the middle about 11' feet from each speaker with one slightly in front and one slightly behind me. 

No budget set but I'm always looking for improvement. 

No sub. Two channel amp with no sub outs. 

9 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

That's why I like having the gear listed in my signature.  The specs don't tell much about performance in a particular room.  They also don't tell if the gear works in synergy with the other gear.  Performance for a particular room is key.

Agreed with the particular room statement. I've had this system together for over 20 years. My amp is over 30 years. I've moved a lot over the years and each house/room required a different speaker placement to achieve nirvana. 

18 hours ago, Harleywood said:

Post your system specs and let's talk shop. 

lol lol

My system.... for me that would be systems... I have been in this hobby for over twenty five years. I rarely sell any of the gear that I have gotten over the years. Yes I'm obsessive compulsive.... OCD. When I latch on to something I like it just takes over:blink2:... I'm also a very lucky man to have a wife that loves the stuff I'm into. She has come with me on all the audio gear adventures. 

Even before my audio addiction I was into 4X4's off road driving. I was into Toyota Landcruiser's... at one point of my Landcruiser addiction I owned 13 of these trucks in a six month time frame. I got zoned at my house... yea I was of off the chain.... I had my truck, my wife had her own truck that I built for her and we had a wagon Landcruiser for the family ride. Now I don't have a lot of money.... this was long before these trucks became as valuable as they are today... Wish I still had them all...

Back to audio... I still have my 1st amps that I got new some 25+ years ago, two Adcom 555ii's. My wife found our 1st Klipsch (LaScala's) in the Sunday paper and we still have them. I'm always swapping gear around, just playing with it. 

My wife and I own a auto repair shop. At the shop is a set of KP-362's driven by a big Carver TFM-42 and there's a few subs in the corners. We spend a lot of time at the shop so it makes sense to have good music there. 

I'm also very lucky to have a house that I can use this gear in, the living room is quite large to have most of my gear in use. The unused gear lives in my daughters old room... Even the deck has it's own system, some EVi's with a Crown amp for some power to em. 

Our latest addition to audio gear is our JBL set-up. This truly on another level. I'm not a "tech" guy so I had to have my audio buddy help set this system up. A Crown Macro Tech drives the bass bins and a Carver PM-1.5 drives the horns,, all running through a DBX Drive Rack X-over. 

Here are a couple pics of some of my gear..

It's taken me over twenty five years to get to this point... and I might add....

I don't smoke..... never have!

I don't drink ..... I stopped over 27 years ago

I don't use drugs.... stopped that also..

and I don't have a car payment... never have, I drive old junk.. all I do is buy audio gear.... hey I gotta do something:P

20161016170649145.jpg

20161016170750884.jpg

MKP :-)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I really like the look of those Chorus I's

Thanks... I put silver screws in them to hold the woofers and horns... Just something a little different. Those Chorus come with a long story. I posted about them awhile ago.. in  "My Chours and My 1000th post".... 

man do you have some Carver gear, is that a C-6 I see off in the distance?

If you referring to the stack of gear to left on the Black & Decker work stand in the 1st pic, that's a silver face Carver C-1 Pre-amp. Got it a few years back... Some guy on CL selling a Carver M-400t amp for $200.... went down to pick up the amp and he had that, I asked him if he wanted to sell that too... he said "how about 50 bucks" I said "sold" :D

MKP :-)

24 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Thanks... I put silver screws in them to hold the woofers and horns... Just something a little different. Those Chorus come with a long story. I posted about them awhile ago.. in  "My Chours and My 1000th post".... 

Had a pair of forte' with silver screws. Going to doll up my Chorus with some when I can find some...Looking good MKP!

• Like 1

On December 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

lol lol

My system.... for me that would be systems... I have been in this hobby for over twenty five years. I rarely sell any of the gear that I have gotten over the years. Yes I'm obsessive compulsive...

I'm sure they make a pill for your condition. You went from talking shop to dragging the whole warehouse and storefront into the conversation.  :)  Joking aside I guess I don't have the bug as bad as you.  I've thought about replacing my amp with something more modern. I've looked at adcom, mainly because those are more in the price range I'm willing to spend then I come home turn mine on and think nah, this ones paid for and I know it sounds good with my Epics. :)  Would really love to get my hands on an old Marantz 6300 turntable. I prefer listening to vinyl over CD's and I'm always searching the Internet for out of print LP's. My brother bought a Marantz reciever not sure of the model. Either a 2370 or 2373 and a 6300 new in the mid 70's. He's still got them both but both need a good once over before being put back in service and of course he won't turn loose of them but I can't blame him. 

• Like 1

Running Tony Ham's  baltic birch Jub clone bass bins, with k402s and tad drivers. Yamaha Mx 1000u on the bass and a Saxr 55 on the top, Yamaha px3 turntable which I love, Yamaha t85 tuner, an amazing tuner.  Altec model 19s with copied xovers with much better parts.  Altec 604 8gs, nos Altec 8 hs I have never hooked up, 4 sets of 604 xovers. With the Altecs I use a rebuilt Pilot sa 260 amp and a sp 210 pre.  I have a bunch of amps but these are my favs. I have had about 25 pre, amp combos all just mid fi, over the last 7 years. Still have my first turntable a technics L tracking, and my first receiver!

• Like 1