LOOKING FOR LA SCALA parts

Mike Cord

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

15 as in a woofer or two?

(general question to those who know...  is it even worth the effort to recone a K33 since you can buy them pretty inexpensively and have brand new??)

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Where would you recommend buying brand new K 33's?

Not new K33s but aftermarket. 

7 hours ago, Mike Cord said:

I have some old La Scala's I have been restoring  I'm looking for 15 can anyone help? they can be non working I will recone............myself

For the price, I would look at aftermarket offerings from Crites or even a Eminence Kappa everyone has been using.  If you do use the Eminence, I would double gasket them to move the cone away from the motor board.

$265.00 for a pair shipped and you know its a proven replacement.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/prices-other_stuff.html

I have both the Crites and the Eminence Kappa 15c. Either option performs well. I also have K33s and K43s. I really have a hard time differentiating between all four, much less pick a favorite. They are all in slightly different configurations (Volti Belles, Belles w/ Crites x over, LaScalas and LaScals splits) so it would be hard to A/B and determine a winner. The point I am attempting to make is that either choice is a valid option.