Possible Treasure Chest?

JEFKlipsch

So I get a call from a old friend today....says he was helping a lady clean out her house this weekend as she is moving into a condo. Her husband passed two years ago and she's finally ready to move on.

Anyways....he was a service tech for Sears for like 50 years....and apparently had hoarded tons of stuff....all of which she was sending to the dump....he asked if he could have it...she said sure...just get it out of here.

Below are just a few pics of what he has....I've looked up a few of them and it seems he may have some money here...what do you tube guys see off hand that may be interesting?tube2_zps1nrywtpb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah...have no idea what any of it really is...but he's grabbing everything. Said their are also a bunch of tools, tube testing tables, etc....just told him to get it all....if he finds two or three tubes worth something..it's no money out of pocket.   

Lotsa television tubes...

There's a couple in there that are good for audio. (that I can see...the third image is too far away to read the #'s on the cartons)

6SL7

6EM7

6W6

6V6

6J5

6AV5 is a sweep tube that could be used for audio.

There is a few rectifiers, like 5Y3 and 5V4. I spot a couple 6AU4 half-wave damper tubes, I like those...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JEFKlipsch said:

Yeah...have no idea what any of it really is...but he's grabbing everything. Said their are also a bunch of tools, tube testing tables, etc....just told him to get it all....if he finds two or three tubes worth something..it's no money out of pocket.   

My standard is.....Grab ANYTHING with a cord!!!!!

Yeah. Going to help him get it all compiled into a spreadsheet listing tube number and manufacturer. Then try to get his head around what he actually has.

Like I said....he has absolutely not a penny into it other than the time/labor to pick it up and catalog it.