Speakers damaged by UPS

W27

Hey Guys

I kinda work at the UPS warehouse and yes ups will try their best about getting out of claims,hence why they like people to take there stuff to the UPS store.They tend to blame stuff on not being packaged correctly.With that being said i tell people to pack it so it can withstand a 6 foot drop...sad but true and always get insurance.I try and buy local or drive to pick up my own stuff.I cant believe the way some people pack and  ship stuff.Also to add all package company's tend to damage stuff.USPS also uses fedex and Ups to ship there stuff as well they call it shared post i think.So just pack the hell outta stuff and follow the 6ft rule and you should be good. 

46 minutes ago, mustangerfourlife said:

Hey Guys

I kinda work at the UPS warehouse and yes ups will try their best about getting out of claims,hence why they like people to take there stuff to the UPS store.They tend to blame stuff on not being packaged correctly.With that being said i tell people to pack it so it can withstand a 6 foot drop...sad but true and always get insurance.I try and buy local or drive to pick up my own stuff.I cant believe the way some people pack and  ship stuff.Also to add all package company's tend to damage stuff.USPS also uses fedex and Ups to ship there stuff as well they call it shared post i think.So just pack the hell outta stuff and follow the 6ft rule and you should be good. 

Six foot rule is the stupidest thing i ever heard and nearly impossible for large heavy cabinets.

The last cabinets i shipped looked like they were dragged behind the truck after being whipped on the ground, no joke either. :mad:

If you can't ship something without damaging it you're in the wrong business.

23 hours ago, jason str said:

Six foot rule is the stupidest thing i ever heard and nearly impossible for large heavy cabinets.

The last cabinets i shipped looked like they were dragged behind the truck after being whipped on the ground, no joke either. :mad:

If you can't ship something without damaging it you're in the wrong business.

you never worked the preload @ ups !

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

That is heart breaking right there!! :o Did you keep them / fix them?

Specially after saving up for them and being so excited... I did keep them, and they do sound wonderful. There are no mechanical issues but the thing is, I will never be able to sell them.

After all said and done, I paid less than 1500 for them, so the pain wasn't as bad  might be expected. My heresy II signatures also arrived damaged, though not nearly as bad... Thats it for me, no more shipping speakers unless they are palletized.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:17 PM, mustangerfourlife said:

and yes ups will try their best about getting out of claims

this

why they like people to take there stuff to the UPS store.They tend to blame stuff on not being packaged correctly.

and this

always get insurance.

plus this

I've only had one claim and came out to the good, money wise because of the extra insurance. 

I know you are just sick to your stomach. I have had many electronic pieces shipped ( Fed Ex , Ups, USPS ) all items I purchased and quite a few come in damaged. Not one single time was a claim settled.  Years ago I took a side job washing Fed EX trucks, I saw  first hand how packages were handled.  The day of customer service is out the window, same way your speakers were handled, bounced and rolled around shipping trucks, handled by people who could care less.    USPS ( our beloved postal service ) dropped a package right in front of me, the package rolled across the floor and came to a stop. I opened the package right there in front of them and my $1600.00 turntable was destroyed. My postmaster said good luck with your claim  I lost my insurance claim.  My heart goes out to you. I wish you and every one dealing with this type of situation the very best.  I honestly think our carriers are doing the worst job possible.