Speaker advice

Hrr

Buy both if you can and decide for yourself which you prefer and sell the other set if you need to. Cornwalls are great speakers and there are lots of tweaks / mods available if you're into that sort of thing. Plus, if you don't like the Cornwalls you could probably make a little money reselling them at that price, assuming cosmetics are decent. Really, both are great speakers, you can't go wrong either way, good luck!

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, teaman said:

I would lean to the KLF-30. I have heard both and I own the KLF-30. I think the Chorus II would win out over the KLF-30 but not the Cornwall. My two cents.

Tim

I had no idea, that's pretty impressive of the KLF 30 for you to feel that way, one day I will probably get to hear some. 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the Cornwall. For overall sound, I preferred them over the La Scala / Belle by a slight margin.  I prefer them by much larger margin over the Chorus II.  With nice tube amplification, it takes the Klipschorn to best them in my opinion.  The Cornwall is a very musical speaker.

YMMV

As mentioned above, if you can snag both, decided for yourself and sell the set you want less.

I should stipulate a lot of what you want in a speaker should be based on what you listen to. Not sure you can get a better hard rock speaker than the KLF-30. The bass hits you right in the chest. The Cornwall, Chorus, Forte all seem a tad lacking in the bass department. Maybe it's just me....another 2 cents...I'm up to 4 now!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, teaman said:

I would lean to the KLF-30. I have heard both and I own the KLF-30. I think the Chorus II would win out over the KLF-30 but not the Cornwall. My two cents.

Tim

Agreed.  I have owned Cornwall IIs, many K-horns, and tons of other Klipsch.  The KLF-30s are still around.  Just make sure the enclosures are in good shape.  A slight bit of extra bracing doesn't hurt but that is cheap compared to upgrades sought on other speakers.  $600 each is what I would consider a high number, even if pristine and in mahogany or oak.

KLF-30s were the best unknown Klipsch since they weren't Heritage, but they are Legends of the Heritage line.

• Like 1