Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Spinning this 2014 remaster LP and it’s very good 

@Dave1291 After reading a real life story about this album I decided to play it a few times 

Today is “Rock out Sunday “

Artist - Jimi Hendrix Experience 

Title - Are You Experienced 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/6170798-The-Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-Are-You-Experienced-

IMG-4446.jpg

• Like 5

@Full Range Someday I'll do part 2, which is even more insane.  He loved my comment and I finally got it.  These people hear all kinds of crap about him and blow to hear themselves blow.  They're clueless.  Also to be quite honest I've never read any of his album covers.  I don't need to cause I got it from the horse's mouth.  The world can KMA when it comes to him and what THEY know to be true.  I'll give YOU Bobby's number and you'll spend 200$ talking to him about it.  Today that might get ya 20 minutes but you'd hear the same thing from him that I guarantee.  Here's something he remembered that I didn't.  He brought it up long ago and I was truly amazed.  He said don't you remember you told me to remember the room number?  I said huh?  He said it was room 1010 and by golly when he said that I filled my britches.  THAT's JUST the way it went down.  He remembered, which was his job aside from luggin 30# of deck a mile that night.  I got the tickets and drove he was my best boy grip.  lololol  

Currently I'm working on touching base w/a couple members of a  local Cbus, Ohio band that opened his show.  They have their story but I saw it all unfolding @ the hotel afterwards.  Things that only they would know.  When I hit them with that they'll KNOW without a doubt I was in his room.  Mitch and Noel were in an adjoining room sleepin cause they were off to some island in the Carribean they wanted to buy.  haahaha  Then back to NYC for shows there.  Trust me I'm rock solid.  Hilarious actually.

• Like 4

On 6/24/2023 at 9:26 AM, Dave1291 said:

@AndreG. neighbor kid is mowing the yard so I guess I may as well knock that out after coffee.  Got a couple inches of rain this past week so I better get on it.  Pizza later then.  I crack that bread I know they'll be mold somewhere.  Gotta be by now.  Might be on week 4 I dunno and don't care.  lolol  I DO know Imma be spinnin later!  :)

Remember bread boxes?  The bread would be dried out and stale in a few days, and sometimes in the summer, tiny flies might swarm out when you opened the lid.

Then, I started putting my bread in the fridge, which helped, but it still dried out.  Then, I reasoned that the interior of a refrigerator is a very dry place, because the chilling of the air removes moisture from it.  Accordingly, now I triple-bag each loaf before I put it in the fridge.  Yes, it's a bit inconvenient, but the bread stays moist and fresh for a week or two now.  I take last week's bag, shake every crumb out of it, slip this week's loaf in, squeeze out as much air as can easily be expelled, then add a twist-tie and repeat.

My menu used to be really predictable, but now it's not, so a fresh loaf can sit for several days some weeks.  This means that dry or moldy loaves are much rarer events, which is obviously a good thing.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2023 at 10:50 AM, MicroMara said:

the evil´s back .......bought a new tt t-shirt today

t-shirt.thumb.jpg.14d42c5fc6ba90b77e07978e428041f0.jpg

Cool shirt!  Has anyone teased you about the placing of the pop-up cueing light?  And its impressive size?

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Islander said:

tiny flies might swarm out when you opened the lid.

Yea, I do remember those things.  My sister and I refused to eat bread because of those lil nats hovering around in there.  We won too.  Mom got rid of the bread box.  I just resign myself to the fact I'd better have enough REAL shredded cheese in the fridge for grilled cheese.  I can do two of those for every meal as long as I have a good dill pickle to go with it.  Guess I wasn't in the mode so I wasted $4.50 on a loaf of great natural bread.  Dumped that much in a drink for an a$$hat before so there's that.  :)   😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Yea, I do remember those things.  My sister and I refused to eat bread because of those lil nats hovering around in there.  We won too.  Mom got rid of the bread box.  I just resign myself to the fact I'd better have enough REAL shredded cheese in the fridge for grilled cheese.  I can do two of those for every meal as long as I have a good dill pickle to go with it.  Guess I wasn't in the mode so I wasted $4.50 on a loaf of great natural bread.  Dumped that much in a drink for an a$$hat before so there's that.  :)   😂

Yes, cheese.  Sook-Yin Lee, a musician, actress (Shortbus), and VJ, took a slice of Kraft Sliced Cheddar, and for curiosity stuck it to her kitchen window.  She took pictures a few times a month, and posted them on FaceBook.  That slice remained stuck to the glass for over a year IIRC.  It started to look a bit dried out and gross, but no bug or insect of any kind showed any interest in that "cheese" slice.  Maybe the bugs realize something that we don't...

Thanks to Kraft Sliced Cheese and similar fare, I've had enough cheddar to last me a lifetime, and have zero interest in it now.  However, I found something different in the cheese section in our local market store:  Brie and Camembert from a cheesery (?) located in Portneuf, Quebec, near where I grew up.  Now I prefer the Brie, and get to feel like some kind of snob as I eat it on Dads Cookies, lol.  It will go moldy if it stays in the fridge too long (a few weeks, maybe), but that just tells me that it's actual food, something that non-humans see as some kind of natural product. 

• Thanks 3

@Islander  Same w/fake butter.  My cardiologist has been up thru my femoral  a few times and early on he asked if I used butter or some spread.  I told him I'd never had anything but butter and he said he could tell when he was slippin up in there. 

Kraft is garbage.  If it's not a dairy cheese I won't buy it simple.  THEN it depends on who OWNS the dairy.  lol  Someone has some grilled cheese places, think it's  called The Cheese factory or something like that.  Ppl just rave about the place and spend like 10-12 for a grilled cheese.  It ain't rocket science it's just a REAL cheese sammich w/good bread.   Kills it EVERY time!  lol

• Like 3