Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, AndreG. said:

I know: "What counts is what´s inside", or in this case, what comes out of it. But the optics... Maybe they look different en natura, but on the photo... 

Be that as it may, congrats on Your new system Paul!

Probably looks out of place because one component is black and three are silver 

On the upside I negotiated a better price because of that 

The cases are made of non magnetic cast alloy and they look like ingots 

But just for you I will take a beautiful photo on the next post 

Lets see if I can pull it off 🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Ok my friends.........GOOD MORNING from the North East.  A sunny morning at that here in MA.   To get my day started, I went into the LFMH library and pulled this one out.  A Columbia/lLegacy release.   

I too made a 'slight change' to the livingroom Bang and Olufsen 6500 series system.  I will save that for my next post.  Meanwhile, from what is spinning on the U-Turn custom at the moment...  :)IMG-2813.jpg

Side 1 IMG-2814.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I decided at the suggestion of a long time friend, that I put my vintage pair of speakers with the vintage gear from Denmark.   So, out of 'storage' I installed a MINT pair of Allison 130 3-way speakers.  The 10" drivers have new surrounds and were re-doped.

Unaltered, and looking very nice in their REAL oak veneer.  Dated 1987.   They are on short tilt back stands.   Just took this pic to share with you all.

Roy Allison's company was in Natick MA. and he is also responsible for getting Acoustic Research (AR) off the ground.   Cleary the early 'acoustic suspension' = East Coast sound which these speakers were part of that movement ^_^.  

These units are a rare find these days, and have the famous Allison INVERTED 5" midrange and 1" tweeter.

I also have the Allison LC 120ies, a 2-way version with an 8" bass driver, also new surrounds.  However, they are walnut vinyl covered.   

There is your Allison history lesson in short.  :)IMG-2815.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh, I took these photos the other day.  Here are the two models side by side.   These were NEVER in a home audio situation.  They were (with many more of these) part of an electronic/pipe organ installation in a church.   

Our organ company updated the speakers in the chambers and removed all the dusty Allisons.  They just needed to be cleaned up after being behind church grills since 1987.

Here you go. DSCN4409.jpg

DSCN4408.jpg

• Like 7

rainy afternoon here , got my physiotherapy treatment in the morning, hhmm don´t feel anything yet but it was the first one at all , some more will follow w/in the next two weeks . Walking is still painful but when I do the things slowly , it works somehow. So I spun a record , the legend Kraftwerk with " Die Menschmaschine "

Kraftwerk.thumb.jpg.32e6760568376bc74fcda97944fa19f1.jpg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

rainy afternoon here , got my physiotherapy treatment in the morning, hhmm don´t feel anything yet but it was the first one at all , some more will follow w/in the next two weeks . Walking is still painful but when I do the things slowly , it works somehow. So I spun a record , the legend Kraftwerk with " Die Menschmaschine "

Kraftwerk.thumb.jpg.32e6760568376bc74fcda97944fa19f1.jpg

Very good for you.   Oh, and I have that album, bought it back in the day 🍷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@MicroMara looks like that therapy is workin quite nicely to me.  Great to hear you're on the mend though.  Just take it easy so ya don't undo what you've done.  

@Full Range seems as though you  pulled another one on us!  Congrats!  Should sound fantastic so keep us posted.  :)  

@GWSmith you just keep pullin stuff outta the woodwork.  I'm kinda jelly actually cause I've got stuffs sittin in an upstairs bedroom it's just getting it down here.  Then comes all the werk that goes w/it sittin around and zero room in here.  Sucks to be me.  lol

THEN @AndreG. jumps in.  Always a fun watch.  😂  He's toast and finally starting to admit it, which makes it even funnier!  We got ya brother!    😂💪😎

Just about time to back the car out, throw some junk in the trash can, clean the inside of the windshield up, shower and suit up for that 2-hour drive down to catch Keb Mo this evening @ 8 then the drive back. 

Still not sold out and it really baffles me.  Guy's killin it everywhere he plays.  Back in the day it was just another stop and no biggie.  Today, it's a pita. 

Food & craft beer are laid on to give 'em somethin else to talk about tomorrow.   Now it's just gettin the gaggle loaded up and figurin out Google in order to dodge those orange barrels and the ridiculous detours as a result of 'em.  Blah.  I'm a survivor!   Wait don't forget the meds for walkin.  I'll be moonwalkin by the time I get there.  These kids ain't got nuttin on me!    "With age comes wisdom."  Kinda maybe!   

"Hey, remember that old guy with the hearing aids?  Man, he was gettin his groove on fo' sure!"    The struggle is real.     😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AndreG. said:

I know: "What counts is what´s inside", or in this case, what comes out of it. But the optics... Maybe they look different en natura, but on the photo... 

Be that as it may, congrats on Your new system Paul!

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

Probably looks out of place because one component is black and three are silver 

On the upside I negotiated a better price because of that 

The cases are made of non magnetic cast alloy and they look like ingots 

But just for you I will take a beautiful photo on the next post 

Lets see if I can pull it off 🤞

Photography is all about the angle 📐 

Todays spin is 

Artist - Peter Gabriel 

Title - Peter Gabriel 3

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/379028-Peter-Gabriel-Peter-Gabriel

Edit - I forgot to mention that I have purchased and are in transit 16 isolation hemispheres for the amps 

So that will be nice when they arrive 

IMG-4524.jpg

IMG-4525.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

Photography is all about the angle 📐 

Todays spin is 

Artist - Peter Gabriel 

Title - Peter Gabriel 3

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/379028-Peter-Gabriel-Peter-Gabriel

Edit - I forgot to mention that I have purchased and are in transit 16 isolation hemispheres for the amps 

So that will be nice when they arrive 

IMG-4524.jpg

IMG-4525.jpg

Gabriel is so impressed about the new sound image that he´s melting away   ........

• Haha 3