Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Well buddies ....bad weather here again, housekeeping was done , cooking as well , so there was time to spin the tt the whole afternoon till early evening

I started with Joan Armatrading

JoanArmatradingMeMyselfI.thumb.jpg.8aa635b01b5f785d2b1a2b2fff5ecb5f.jpg

JoanArmatradingtothelimit.thumb.jpg.1355e88ade5a5f36c7e5e9cd12cde13f.jpg

than Suzanne Vegas Debut from 1985

SusanneVega.thumb.jpg.9dac4b4b84d4d8f8d10541376efe88ae.jpg

inspired from her it put Rickie Lee Jones on the platter

RickieLeeJonesFlyingCowboys.thumb.jpg.48110aa5fbe1bd1c772790b79d35684c.jpg

and finally Laurie Anderson

LaurieAndersonMisterHeartbreak.thumb.jpg.d318481c03e44c0da793be6d1784d008.jpg

• Like 6

Took the day off today!  Been a rough week!  lol

The Wall – Live in Berlin was a live concert performance by Roger Waters and numerous guest artists, of the Pink Floyd studio album The Wall, itself largely written by Waters during his time with the band. The show was held in Berlin on 21 July 1990, to commemorate the fall of the Berlin Wall eight months earlier. A live album of the concert was released 21 August 1990.

Roger-Waters-Live-in-Berlin.jpg

1970?  Their first!

Emerson-Lake-Palmer-ELP-1970-their-first

merson, Lake & Palmer is the debut studio album by English progressive rock band Emerson, Lake & Palmer. It was released in the United Kingdom by Island Records in November 1970, and in the United States by Cotillion Records in January 1971. After the group formed in the spring of 1970, they entered rehearsals and prepared material for an album which became a mix of original songs and rock arrangements of classical music. The album was recorded at Advision Studios in July 1970, when the band had yet to perform live. Lead vocalist and bassist/guitarist Greg Lake produced it.

Upon release, the album went to No. 4 in the UK and No. 18 in the US.[2][3] Lake's song "Lucky Man" was released as a single in 1970 and helped the group achieve radio airplay; it peaked at No. 48 in the US. After a warm-up gig in Plymouth, the band performed songs from the album at their next, a spot at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival which propelled them to widespread fame. In 2012, Steven Wilson prepared a special edition that features a new stereo and 5.1 surround sound mixes, plus bonus material.

:)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yup, TV is on and the volume is down!  Lil walk thru memory lane today!  I even took a minute to run them thru the VPI for a lil wishy washy!   :)

CCR-Willie-and-the-Poor-Boys-Nov-69.jpg

Willy and the Poor Boys is the fourth studio album by American rock band Creedence Clearwater Revival, released by Fantasy Records on October 29, 1969. It was the last of three studio albums the band released that year, arriving just three months after Green River.[3] It was placed at number 193 in Rolling Stone's 2020 list of the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time".tom-petty-full-moon-fever.jpg

Full Moon Fever is the debut solo studio album by Tom Petty, released on April 24, 1989, by MCA Records. It features contributions from members of his band the Heartbreakers, notably Mike Campbell, as well as Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison (who died prior to its release), and George Harrison, Petty's bandmates in the Traveling Wilburys.[2][3] The record shows Petty exploring his musical roots with nods to his influences.[4] The songwriting is mainly collaborations between Petty and Lynne, who was also a producer on the album. Full Moon Fever became a commercial and critical success, peaking at No. 3 on the U.S. Billboard 200 and being certified 5× platinum in the United States and 6× platinum in Canada.

Todd-Rundgren-Utopia-1st-press-1974.jpg

Todd Rundgren's Utopia is the debut album by the American rock band Utopia, released in October 1974 on Bearsville Records. The band was formed in 1973 by musician, songwriter, and producer Todd Rundgren who decided to expand his musical style by moving from pop-oriented rock towards progressive rock. He assembled a six-piece group that featured three keyboardists and toured as a live act. Most of the album was recorded in the studio except "Utopia", the opening track, which was recorded live in concert November 3rd,1973.

POCO-POCO-1970.jpg

Poco is the second album by American country rock band Poco. This is the band's first album to feature Timothy B. Schmit who replaced Randy Meisner on electric bass. The Messina-penned "You Better Think Twice" became a signature song for the band. A copy of this album hangs in the Poco exhibit in the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville along with the jacket Rusty Young wears on the back cover. The album was dedicated to David Geffen who "picked up the pieces".[1]

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just did a thang.  The halogen is in the house!  Maybe I'll get lucky and have to replace the bulb.  Otherwise, it's time to start shovin albums back in the proper "holes."  Waaaay, too many piles standin aroud in here.  I'll get to see then just how much room I might have, which is gonna be minimal.  I'm screwed. I'll see stuff I want to hear so the vicious cycle never ends.  Sad but sounds good.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3