Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 minutes ago, Mycuff said:

Good eye on the Bob Ludwig.  That does make it more collectible, but they both have RL in the deadwax.  Other one is not visible. The comment about the runout being narrower is the key.

I might have one…. I’ll have to check and compare. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mycuff said:

Good eye on the Bob Ludwig.  That does make it more collectible, but they both have RL in the deadwax.  Other one is not visible. The comment about the runout being narrower is the key.

Someone added the RL in the wide deadwax record. A true RL has wider groves making the deadwax narrow and a more dynamic sound. 

• Like 2

So you might be right about the fake RL.  It sorta makes sense that he would not master the 2nd pressing.  And yes to the main point. The narrow dead wax indicates it’s the RL hot mix.  Worth a google search but essentially it was so dynamic that people complained about the bass making their needle skip.  It was thought defective!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mycuff said:

So you might be right about the fake RL.  It sorta makes sense that he would not master the 2nd pressing.  And yes to the main point. The narrow dead wax indicates it’s the RL hot mix.  Worth a google search but essentially it was so dynamic that people complained about the bass making their needle skip.  It was thought defective!

The only time my RL copy skipped is when I added too many Irish Whiskeys to the tonearm 😆

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mycuff said:

Posting this for fun.  Who can tell me which of these LZII albumsIMG_2073.jpg.2847d280908de8b2d0f07ea6e086ddf8.jpgIMG_2071.jpg.b146a7ee1277568cdc081feaecd6e4a3.jpg is the high $$ one, and why?

Go to the link and the information you seek is there check the photos as I did to confirm the correct pressing 

https://www.discogs.com/release/6524212-Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-II

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

The rl in the dead wax

Does it have it on the other side ?

I went by the (STA 69 1672 PR) number on the lower part of the label and cross referenced with the photo 

But you are correct that the inscription on the dead wax is the most accurate way to find the exact pressing 

• Like 2

Todays sunday was a live record spinning day

I started with the GRP Allstar Band , this live Album was recorded in Rotterdam ( The Netherlands ) in 1985 and I was there ! 

GRPLiveinSession.thumb.jpg.a1223ae37376ea0f39d6a781937cd3e6.jpg

Than I spun the Live Album from George Benson Weekend in LA 1977 

GeorgeBensonWeekendinLA.thumb.jpg.32d764ab977464c33ed9f6ce2d1d1d8d.jpg

followed by Al Jarreau´s first european live concert tour in 1977 , started in Berlin

AlJarreauLiveinEurope.thumb.jpg.b0e4efb245c16d47d4f9ac12fb6bcabb.jpg

• Like 3