Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hello friends! 

This is mainly for PAUL.   Over on the PS-Audio chat forum, we have two regulars from Australia.  One of them mentioned something about a strong wind storm that took out some 6 high power transmission line towers and shut down Loy Yang!

Did this effect you at all? (besides all those medical snafus you reported....)  This was in the Victoria area I guess.  Let us know.  

Thanks.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Hello friends! 

This is mainly for PAUL.   Over on the PS-Audio chat forum, we have two regulars from Australia.  One of them mentioned something about a strong wind storm that took out some 6 high power transmission line towers and shut down Loy Yang!

Did this effect you at all? (besides all those medical snafus you reported....)  This was in the Victoria area I guess.  Let us know.  

Thanks.

We were not affected as the distance to the storm in Victoria is from my location is Canada to Mexico 

However in the period of Christmas and New Year 23/24 we had the same thing happen in our area but about 70 miles from us ( storm epicentre Gold Coast Queensland ) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/13/2024 at 10:24 AM, Dave1291 said:

Man that WOULD suck swamp water.  Sounds like the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing once again.  The old hurry up and wait always leaves you scratching your head.  Grrrrrr.  

I got a call from my eye clinic yesterday.   I was in guinea pig mode one day and got involved in some eye study program.  They paid me 100$ to participate and all they did was take pics of my retina and do some lill air puff thingy, which was nothing.  Soooo, they said it had been 5 years since I did it and wanted me back to do the same test again.  NP they were going to give me 100$ again.  30 in fuel for the trip down and 70 for moving from chair to chair.  I can handle that.  💪😂

What kind of experimental air was in that lill air puffy thingy? 😬

• Haha 2

On 2/13/2024 at 10:24 AM, Dave1291 said:

Man that WOULD suck swamp water.  Sounds like the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing once again.  The old hurry up and wait always leaves you scratching your head.  Grrrrrr.  

I got a call from my eye clinic yesterday.   I was in guinea pig mode one day and got involved in some eye study program.  They paid me 100$ to participate and all they did was take pics of my retina and do some lill air puff thingy, which was nothing.  Soooo, they said it had been 5 years since I did it and wanted me back to do the same test again.  NP they were going to give me 100$ again.  30 in fuel for the trip down and 70 for moving from chair to chair.  I can handle that.  💪😂

• Haha 3

… Give me some water

'Cause I killed a man on the Mexican border

Cool, cool water

I need a little water

… Oh, geeze, if I just get loose my hands

I'd run just as fast as my legs can

But, Lord, I've got no room to run

Shouldn't have done what I did without that gun

… Give me some water

'Cause I killed a man on the Mexican border

Cool, cool water

MQA streaming on Bluesound Node. Warming up the tubes before dropping the tonearm.

Screenshot_20240215_094536_BluOS_resized.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Klipsch104db said:

They do the puffy thigs then just take some readings on cornea thickness.  

They're looking for a connection with type 2 diabetics compared w/type 1 and those that don't have it, as I recall.  An early warning at a younger age could significantly help delay type 2 at a later age if people were aware.

Not the puff, puff, pass I was expecting but I'm just in it for the money.   😂  😂

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

They do the puffy thigs then just take some readings on cornea thickness.  

They're looking for a connection with type 2 diabetics compared w/type 1 and those that don't have it, as I recall.  An early warning at a younger age could significantly help delay type 2 at a later age if people were aware.

Not the puff, puff, pass I was expecting but I'm just in it for the money.   😂  😂

Any extra money helps buy more vinyl! The way prices are now we need a lot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AndreG. said:

They use this technique to diagnose cataracts as well, if I remember correctly. 

Eh, let the kids play.  They blew those up when I had the lenses replaced a couple years ago.  That was strange.  A lil fentanyl ride and all i could do was lay there and watch him play space invaders.  Crazy for sure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Klipsch104db said:

Any extra money helps buy more vinyl! The way prices are now we need a lot!

Says someone who's not sorting thru piles cause he's completly outta room.

20220707_195327.jpg

That's a year or so old.  I'm done. Stick a fork in it done.  😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Klipsch104db said:

$1.00 bin copy. And sounds like it came from the $.50 bin 😂

20240215_161439.jpg

Tip time

‘Give the record a glue clean 

And the best glue to use is “ Gum Glue “ not PVA 

• Like 3