Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Rain, Rain Rain.......it sucks a lot, but gives time to listen to some records is afternoon

Imelda May " 11 past the hour "

ImeldaMay11th.pastthehour.thumb.jpg.db718869ebaf3e01bcf06f33d09eb1eb.jpg

Sting ( ex Police Band Leader ) with his second solo album " Nothing like the sun "

Stingnothinglikethesun.thumb.jpg.eaf0c271dac21957e8905d82f9630862.jpg

Peter Gabriel " US "

PeterGabrielUS1.thumb.jpg.51f4c3dd394b8a4f19737af1eb5d3357.jpg

after dinner a bit of live JazzRock

Jean Luc Ponty " Live " USA 1978

JeanLucPontyLive.thumb.jpg.0bb3a8b01673790af1a145ddb9ad2013.jpg

and Jan Akkerman " Live in Montreaux " 1978 JanAkkermanLiveinMontreaux.thumb.jpg.f018aa09e16c032b90e5bc0c01fb75a8.jpg

• Like 8

A quick update 

The Audio Technica ATML170 cartridge repair to original specifications is now complete and will be posted ASAP 

The technician said it has “30dB separation and on testing sounds fab too.”

In 4 days time I will be departing for a 14 day holiday / vacation, It’s on a cruise 🚢 to New Zealand 

If it’s not to cold as it’s now Autumn here, and New Zealand is cold for someone that lives in the tropics 😎I am going to wear my Ohio state football T shirt just in case I bump into like minded fans from the US 

On past cruises my wife and I visited the jazz blue room nightly for coffee and live jazz so will do that again and will post photos if time permits 

I have internet so will check in regularly and although I won’t be spinning vinyl I will be entertained by your posts 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ha!  Have some fun in that t-shirt and if ya hear that O-H in a gaggle somewhere you know know to respond.  lol  Jazz every evening would be an enjoyable time for me.

A friend of my daughter's is a trama nurse and lives in Brissy.  Saw some of her posts from a cruise w/a group she knew.  Looked like she was trashed the entire time.  lol  Go get 'em @Full Range:)

Maybe I spent the day spinning for a reason?  

Tedeschi-Trucks-Everybody-s-Talkin-12-20

Everybody's Talkin' is the second album and the first live album by the 11-piece Tedeschi Trucks Band and was released in 2012 by Sony Masterworks.

It's been released as a 2-CD and 3-CD set as well as a three disc vinyl set. The title comes from the song carrying the same name, formerly a hit for Harry Nilsson. The band's cover is a hybrid of the Nilsson and Bill Withers versions.[1]

:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

After that it was time for some swamp raga!  Hey, I was in the T's and couldn't resist pullin it.  I even put it back!  Nope, still have piles.  More work to do!  😂

During breaks in touring in early 2015, the band used Trucks and Tedeschi's home studio in Jacksonville, FL to record the album.[1] Unlike their previous album, Let Me Get By was written fully by the band, with help from Doyle Bramhall II. Trucks produced the album himself, after having co-produced the band's previous albums.

TTB-Let-me-get-by.jpg

Thom Jurek of AllMusic wrote "An obvious studio offering, it's warm and resonant, yet crackling with energy and ideas. The feel is loose and grooving, the performances hot... Never has TTB sounded so organic, relaxed, and free. Let Me Get By is the album this group has been striving for since their formation. You need this."[2]

Do ya?  Here's the full album ...  Buckle up!   :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Always room for this guy!  He's missed like so many others.  RIP!

English rock guitarist Jeff Beck played with multiple groups, including the Yardbirds, the Jeff Beck Group and Beck, Bogert & Appice. He released numerous studio, live, compilation, video and soundtrack albums during his career, as well as over twenty singles.

One great lp right here imo from 2007 and dropping in 08.  

Performing This Week: Live at Ronnie Scott's is a live album recorded by Jeff Beck. Other performers were Jason Rebello on keyboards, Vinnie Colaiuta on drums and Tal Wilkenfeld on bass. The version of "A Day in the Life" featured on this album was awarded a Grammy for Best Instrumental Rock performance.[1] The version of "Scatterbrain" also featured on this album was placed in the hardest setlist, "Fjord of Swords", of the music video game Guitar Hero 5.

Jeff-Beck-Ronnie-Scotts-in-Soho-2020.jpg

Full lp here if your bored w/life and need some foot tappin to get right again.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Slipped back up to the Beck lp for a lil back story.  

In 07 Tal had the pleasure of walking out on stage @ EC's Crossroads tour in Chicago to give it a go w/Jeff Beck.  Why not?  She flat kills the bass line.  I've watched her transition since she was young.  Sure she was gushy every time she walked out w/him.  He's a perfectionist.  Always has been.  She nailed it @ Crossroads and now this at Ronnie Scotts?  I started thinking.  Wondering what her thoughts were when he passed.  From one pro to a youngin who's worked for every gig?  Watch her go and watch his reaction.    One of the best ever and a youngin?  Crazy watch on her run.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/22/2024 at 9:21 AM, Dave1291 said:

Slipped back up to the Beck lp for a lil back story.  

In 07 Tal had the pleasure of walking out on stage @ EC's Crossroads tour in Chicago to give it a go w/Jeff Beck.  Why not?  She flat kills the bass line.  I've watched her transition since she was young.  Sure she was gushy every time she walked out w/him.  He's a perfectionist.  Always has been.  She nailed it @ Crossroads and now this at Ronnie Scotts?  I started thinking.  Wondering what her thoughts were when he passed.  From one pro to a youngin who's worked for every gig?  Watch her go and watch his reaction.    One of the best ever and a youngin?  Crazy watch on her run.

Hello Dave and friends.  I believe I have one of the final concerts on BLURAY in my collection.  A great watch and listen for sure!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I've absent for a bit, however, just a couple days ago, I had the idea to try moving some speakers around.  And after HURKING these 72 lbs. speakers up a flight of stairs (you ought to try that when you are in your 70ies :D), there is a revelation !!!   

The Forte 4's are a totally different speaker up here in the cozy room, and the B&O Beogram 6500  system luckily and happily is an amazing matchup!  Why?  I can't say, but the sound is so much warmer, low end that shakes the room and floor like a pair of subwoofers!

Here are a some brand new photos from this morning.  I have them pulled out from the front wall 2 feet after much testing with a 28Hz. tone test and my DB-C weighted meter.  Just like in the large room on the first floor, and other reviewers have found out, these get deeper in the lower range when pulled away from the wall.   They are also 8.5 feet center to center and the two love seats are 11 feet from the speakers.  I included a photo of the space BEHIND the listening area which is pretty much totally open.  Here you go: with and without grills.....IMG-3007.jpg

IMG-3008.jpg

IMG-3009.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

It takes a fast car, lady, to lead a double life

It takes a slow star, lady, if you wanna do it twice

You take your backseat rumble, take your front seat wife

Takes a fast car, lady, to lead a double life

It takes a light foot, lady, to lead a double life

It takes a good book, maybe, if you wanna do it nice

When you idle at the stop light, better get the signal right

Light foot, lady, you need a double life

White label promo. Acoustics are A+++!!!

20240223_140526_resized.jpg

• Like 8

Well buddies ...my last weekend to spin some tunes , next wednesday is my departure to the rehab till march 20th. Be sure I´ll follow what´s going on here from the clinic .😁You can´t escape 😂

Have installed the AT 20 SLA yesterday as the new shibata needle needs some operation hours as well. 

AT20SLA2.thumb.jpg.a4313c623286716eed66f0f5f81993c9.jpg

• Like 8

We have the longest rain period since 1995 here , more than 300 liters per squaremetre and there isn´t any end forecasted !  So there was a lot of time this afternoon and evening to listen to :

Raul de Souza " Sweet Lucy "

RaulDeSouzaSweetLucy.thumb.jpg.d2ef73502476acdc80e5de6ebaca518a.jpg

followed by Spyro Gyra " Morning Dance "

SpyroGyraMorningDance.thumb.jpg.65440ba4859217bc28b3583316efa6a8.jpg

than Marvin Gaye " I want you " ..btw beautiful cover art work !

MarvinGayeIwantyou.thumb.jpg.b3fa6ab9f0e785b72c0e1ad66833a5fd.jpg

and on white vinyl

MarvinGayeIwantyou1.thumb.jpg.a8596946c7c18a9cc8b4da8d985ab013.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 MB was full ..

than George Benson " walking to New Orleans "

GBWTNO.thumb.jpg.fd71c1689e01750303a61a040b332393.jpg

on yellow vinyl

GBWTNO1.thumb.jpg.8191a7f44715e66d811036612ed24b43.jpg

after dinner ...my all time favor from Al Di Meola Project " soaring through a dream "

AlDiMeolaProjectSoaringthroughadream.thumb.jpg.41d2a532ae513c0df7712da154656e41.jpg

Pierre Morelen´s Gong " time is the sky "

PierreMorlensGongTimeistheSky.thumb.jpg.cb804bf20b10ae9512db640704eda961.jpg

and finally Pat Metheny " Watercolors "

PatMethenyWatercolors.thumb.jpg.89a6a79c71e0a0490281ab6114c23212.jpg

it´s 10.50 pm here and I´ll say ...by by , maybe I´ll come back tomorrow ..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Well buddies ...my last weekend to spin some tunes , next wednesday is my departure to the rehab till march 20th. Be sure I´ll follow what´s going on here from the clinic .😁You can´t escape 😂

Hope everything goes well mate and let me tell you that the rehab exercises are very important to a quicker recovery 

As an example - wife had new knee replacement surgery and because she did not miss any exercises she was running in six months instead of a year 

To keep you amused I can post some holiday photos that are of a musical genre 

Leaving in about 4 hours 

• Like 6