Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 3/4/2024 at 5:56 PM, Dave1291 said:

75 here in Duckburg and the spring ritual has begun!  

Todd-Rundgren-Utopia-1st-press-1974.jpg

My 1974 1st press of Utiopia sounds great!    

Todd Rundgren's Utopia is the debut album by the American rock band Utopia, released in October 1974 on Bearsville Records. The band was formed in 1973 by musician, songwriter, and producer Todd Rundgren who decided to expand his musical style by moving from pop-oriented rock towards progressive rock. He assembled a six-piece group that featured three keyboardists and toured as a live act. Most of the album was recorded in the studio except "Utopia", the opening track, which was recorded live in concert November 3rd,1973.

The album peaked at number 34 on the Billboard 200 and critical reaction towards it was mixed.[4]

Nazareth-Hair-of-the-Dog-1975.jpg

Hair of the Dog is the sixth studio album by the Scottish hard rock band Nazareth, released on 3 April 1975. The album was recorded at Escape Studios, Kent, with additional recording and mixing at AIR Studios, London, and is the group's best known and highest selling release, with over two million copies sold worldwide.[3]

After three albums with Deep Purple's Roger Glover producing, Manny Charlton stepped into that position, one he filled for several subsequent albums.

joke1.jpg

Black Sabbath from 1972?  You go Ozzy!  😂💪

black_sabbath.jpg

Vol. 4 is the fourth studio album by English heavy metal band Black Sabbath, released in September 1972. It was the first album by Black Sabbath not produced by Rodger Bain; guitarist Tony Iommi assumed production duties. Patrick Meehan, the band's then-manager, was listed as co-producer, though his actual involvement in the album's production was minimal.  💪

:)

Hello gang, been a bit, and lots has happened here at Vinyl Record.   I just wanted to say that I purchased That Utopia LIVE album back when it was brand new at our local record store.  Need to dig that out and give a spin!

• Like 5

I am STILL tweaking the system in the livingroom.   So, I broke down the Bang and Olufsen system.  Pulled it from the rack/stand, set is all down on the brick fire place landing with a black carpet pad to rest on.

Moved two very fine, wood, rotating CD racks.  Put them in the former audio rack to the right.  Re-wired the whole deal AND, found that the U-Turn custom table is the EXACT dimensions as the B&O gear!  It sits on top of the stack and outside of the color, matches up nicely as if a vintage B&O table was there in it's proper placement!

All of this amounted in being able to SPREAD the Forte' 4's further apart at 10' center to center, and what a great result this produced.  I hang out here more then in the main listening space on the first floor :D.

The lighting units are new, but I have other plans for them. The next upgrade will be the new track lighting which will be over the mantel and hearth area.  My neighbor's home by the same builder included in ceiling spotlights.  I have those in all 3 of my bathrooms, but were not included over the fire place for some reason, so, the new lighting will take care of that.    Here is what it looks like at the moment during my vinyl spinnin' .IMG-3080.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"Green Grass and High Tides" is a song by American Southern rock band Outlaws. It is the tenth and final track on the band's debut album, Outlaws. The song is one of their best known, and has received extensive play on album-oriented radio stations, although it was never released as a single. The song is notable for having two extended guitar solos that stretch the song to nearly 10 minutes.

20240309_140551_resized.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Klipsch104db said:

"Green Grass and High Tides" is a song by American Southern rock band Outlaws. It is the tenth and final track on the band's debut album, Outlaws. The song is one of their best known, and has received extensive play on album-oriented radio stations, although it was never released as a single. The song is notable for having two extended guitar solos that stretch the song to nearly 10 minutes.

20240309_140551_resized.jpg

.....and nice P3!  What cart is mounted?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Klipsch104db said:

Rega Ania MC.

Thanks for the info.  Stand by for RANT :ph34r2:.

I have the P6 and that was with the Exact II cart.  After I ordered the U-Turn turntable for this system, I ordered it with the Ortofon Blue cart.  I fell in love with the way it sounded.  So much that I set and tested both tables side by side with a pair of matching LP's and synced them together with a switcher.

I was left speechless that the OM2 Blue had the SAME bass response, but more clarity on the high end, AND a wider stereo image too!   How could this be?   AND, the Rega cartridge had a mis-matched output with the right channel being slightly louder which I would have never noticed if not compared.   $300 vs. $600 cart.   Well, as some know around here, I took my P6 to my local dealer and had them remove the Exact 2 cart and install an OM2 Blue.  As much as I wanted to believe the Rega cart was the better of the two, I was wrong.

I send best wishes that your Rega cart continues to provide you great sound and you have better luck then I did.  A side note:  that Rega Exact 2 was a REPLACEMENT for the original which LOST a channel completely!, Rega covered it and sent me the second one.   I am not here to bash the Rega product, but for what you pay for a mid line table, they can still have issues.   I replaced the SUB-platter with a Grove Chaser solid aluminum unit with jewel bearings because the original was made of plastic and had a WOBBLE of all things.     Ok, sorry for the long story, but just wanted to be honest.   :emotion-21:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Thanks for the info.  Stand by for RANT :ph34r2:.

I have the P6 and that was with the Exact II cart.  After I ordered the U-Turn turntable for this system, I ordered it with the Ortofon Blue cart.  I fell in love with the way it sounded.  So much that I set and tested both tables side by side with a pair of matching LP's and synced them together with a switcher.

I was left speechless that the OM2 Blue had the SAME bass response, but more clarity on the high end, AND a wider stereo image too!   How could this be?   AND, the Rega cartridge had a mis-matched output with the right channel being slightly louder which I would have never noticed if not compared.   $300 vs. $600 cart.   Well, as some know around here, I took my P6 to my local dealer and had them remove the Exact 2 cart and install an OM2 Blue.  As much as I wanted to believe the Rega cart was the better of the two, I was wrong.

I send best wishes that your Rega cart continues to provide you great sound and you have better luck then I did.  A side note:  that Rega Exact 2 was a REPLACEMENT for the original which LOST a channel completely!, Rega covered it and sent me the second one.   I am not here to bash the Rega product, but for what you pay for a mid line table, they can still have issues.   I replaced the SUB-platter with a Grove Chaser solid aluminum unit with jewel bearings because the original was made of plastic and had a WOBBLE of all things.     Ok, sorry for the long story, but just wanted to be honest.   :emotion-21:

I purchased my Planer 3 in 2016 with Elys MM. From day one there was something wrong. Took it in. Cartridge was defective. Lucky Needle Doctor in Minnesota didn't have any Elys in stock. Replaced it with Ortofon 2m Blue. Extremely happy with the 2m Blue. Skeptical about going with Rega Cartridge again. But I plopped down $900 for the Ania. My first MC cartridge. Awesome cartridge!! I have a whole new vinyl experience now!! And long stories are accepted here!! 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Klipsch104db said:

I purchased my Planer 3 in 2016 with Elys MM. From day one there was something wrong. Took it in. Cartridge was defective. Lucky Needle Doctor in Minnesota didn't have any Elys in stock. Replaced it with Ortofon 2m Blue. Extremely happy with the 2m Blue. Skeptical about going with Rega Cartridge again. But I plopped down $900 for the Ania. My first MC cartridge. Awesome cartridge!! I have a whole new vinyl experience now!! And long stories are accepted here!! 😆

Boston going now. Played song Don't Look Back 3 times now. Going for a 4th!!

20240309_144311_resized.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Klipsch104db said:

Boston going now. Played song Don't Look Back 3 times now. Going for a 4th!!

20240309_144311_resized.jpg

Have the 'series', but for some reason, the most recent using all the old analog gear is very 'dull'.  Otherwise, nice play right there!  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Klipsch104db said:

Thank you!  So I am not so alone in my Rega 'saga'.  Glad you liked the OM2 Blue.  For the price point, it really is a nice cart.   Enjoy that Ania, I am sure it is some notches above for sure!   Thanks for reading my story :D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Tim Sr. said:

@GWSmith@Klipsch104db

You 2 are having too much fun....

Then get the hell in here TIm and join in !  :laugh:   You listening to Boston Symphony tonight?  Looks like a good one.  I sure will be.    I will post over in RTM for that later on.    Ok, got to do my amateur radio duties, the check in's await..............Cheers 🍷

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Have the 'series', but for some reason, the most recent using all the old analog gear is very 'dull'.  Otherwise, nice play right there!  

Picked up this clean copy for $4 years ago. First time playing with MC cartridge. Sounds like audiophile copy!! I think my 1990 La Scalas, with Klipsch sw12 ii are helping a bit.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Then get the hell in here TIm and join in !  :laugh:   You listening to Boston Symphony tonight?  Looks like a good one.  I sure will be.    I will post over in RTM for that later on.    Ok, got to do my amateur radio duties, the check in's await..............Cheers 🍷

yeah, hopefully. I am re-doing cables here, looking for a mouse, keeping the boys nearby, lost one cable to a chew, making sure nothing else is becoming a dinner.

Peer Gynt sounds great

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The album is often referred to as a staple of 1970s rock and has been included on many lists of essential albums. It has sold at least 17 million copies in the United States alone and at least 20 million worldwide, making it one of the best-selling debut albums of all time.

CBS Half Speed Mastered

20240309_152744_resized.jpg

• Like 8

Welllllllll, here we go...  Great job recruiting @Full Range

image.png

6'7" punter Nick Mc Clarty, from Melbourne, will be a member of the OSU 2024 football program.  Again, good job mate!  😂💪  90 plus yards and outta the stadium in a feed on X ???  Just keep wearin that t-shirt brother your checks in the mail.  Welcome home!  

Per the Columbus Dispatch:  Ohio State has added a scholarship punter in the 2024 class.

Nick McLarty, a 6-foot-7, 255 Australian punter, committed to the Buckeyes' 2024 class Friday after visiting campus Thursday. McLarty had multiple scholarship offers, including one from Utah.

McLarty will be one of three punters on the Ohio State roster this fall along with Joe McGuire and Hadi Jawad, who transferred from Wayne State in January.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Klipsch104db said:

The album is often referred to as a staple of 1970s rock and has been included on many lists of essential albums. It has sold at least 17 million copies in the United States alone and at least 20 million worldwide, making it one of the best-selling debut albums of all time.

CBS Half Speed Mastered

20240309_152744_resized.jpg

Have first pressing and also the CBS half speed

• Like 5