Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

That's all good Mike, I got that cut out when the LP came out and I worked at the Record Bar Southpark. It just happened to have stayed incredibly clean since 1979 and I don't know why....  lots of plays I guess never when there was a kegger going on. I just retired another YES 90125 that is fubar, I've had that on a cd for a long time and did not notice. My stack of Moving Coil rejects is getting bigger

IMG_20180821_211437.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Oh, and did you ever stop to wonder
'Bout the times that she laid by your side,
When you know that I was right,
And you finally realize
You took a left turn on a red light."

Dam#,

Those guys, Blackfoot could bring the house down back then!

**Geeze @dirtmudd

You stole my Southern Rock repertoire that I was about to put up:ohmy: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That's all good Mike, I got that cut out when the LP came out and I worked at the Record Bar Southpark. It just happened to have stayed incredibly clean since 1979 and I don't know why....  lots of plays I guess never when there was a kegger going on. I just retired another YES 90125 that is fubar, I've had that on a cd for a long time and did not notice. My stack of Moving Coil rejects is getting bigger

IMG_20180821_211437.jpg

Send me your rejects, I've got an end table idea. Short legs, then a pile of covers followed by a stack of vinyl with 12" glass on top. That physical grafitti would be the perfect one onder the glass for all to see. Swan song is such a cool label

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The simplicity of the idea and good artistry, you are absolutely right about that label @rplace

That would be better than tossing them, the used record store wouldn't offer me anything at all I think.

I'll put `em in a box and send them if you'll cover the shipping via paypal, OK?

Swan_Song_label.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rplace said:

Send me your rejects, I've got an end table idea. Short legs, then a pile of covers followed by a stack of vinyl with 12" glass on top. That physical grafitti would be the perfect one onder the glass for all to see. Swan song is such a cool label

Looks like free for all is in there too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dirtmudd said:

Looks like free for all is in there too.

That's the new cover.

My original promo cover with the gold foil lettering is staying here, the original vinyl was shot and I've got a 180 gram new lp that sounds great in the cover from `76 ? I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The simplicity of the idea and good artistry, you are absolutely right about that label @rplace

That would be better than tossing them, the used record store wouldn't offer me anything at all I think.

I'll put `em in a box and send them if you'll cover the shipping via paypal, OK?

Swan_Song_label.jpg

Sounds good I need about 20. So not a lot. Gimme all the real classic rock LPs that everyone knows. I've got a good start on my end already. I'm envisioning people turning their head sideways and reading the spines.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@rplace

Have you heard the "Stoned Immaculate" compilation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoned_Immaculate:_The_Music_of_The_Doors

Nice, different, it JAMS!

Never had Doors records, everybody else had them & I listened to it there and then driving everywhere on cassettes.

No, new to me. I'll have to seek it out. I'm not a huge fan, cassette and windows down at 60mph and they sound fine for me. Gotta be in the mood. I really dig the Cult, so worth it just for that

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rplace said:

No, new to me. I'll have to seek it out. I'm not a huge fan, cassette and windows down at 60mph and they sound fine for me. Gotta be in the mood. I really dig the Cult, so worth it just for that

Smash Mouth & Oleander will jump out at you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest wdecho

Bought around 40 years ago but played maybe only once or twice over the years. My taste in music has changed with the years. I really enjoyed tonight. 

61ky4-1tYGL._SY355_.jpg