Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

So it’s hard to find fans of this band 

Spinning some blues rock / folk with prog leanings today before the Football 🏈 Rugby in my case  🏉 

I think of the 2 albums I own and the seven released - this one is my favourite 

Artist - McKendree Spring

Title - Second Thoughts 

28B96FA4-1FF3-413A-8559-C006364E1E8C.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

as Narcissus is turned to a flower
A flower?

I can honestly say that I grew up with Black & White TV and the Bill & Ben children’s show on ABC TV 📺 

Now you just got me singing the theme song 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Flower

The flower costume was worn during the live performance of the fifth movement of Supper’s Ready from Foxtrot. The song is about Narcissus, who was punished by the gods for his habit of knocking women back. The costume was inspired by a 1950s British TV programme for children called Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men. To recreate this look pick up this daffodil hat.

https://petergabrielbacktofront.com/2018/07/18/costumes-of-the-peter-gabriel-genesis-era-1972-1975/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gotta love Peter Gabriel’s ingenuity and enthusiasm on stage 

Couple that to prolific & brilliant musical output by the band is that one could say a gift to both fans and future musicians to follow 

Music of today ( Most not all )  is bland and sanitised in comparison 

• Like 2

Ok, this weekend's current listen while over in RTM this Sunday evening................  I am going to call these LP recordings 'thrift shop finds from North Carolina USA' ..

This album was probably played but only ONCE, evidence at the center hole shows only one mark on side A and NOTHING on side B....   It is a fantastic synthesizer/atmospheric  based recording, digitally mastered back in 1987...   I have never heard it, but DO know of Steve Roach.   This has been a fantastic recording so far and what a great pick to find among the 100's of LP's I had to paw through...   

Here then the cover artwork which attracted me to the album in the first place....  I believe it can still be bought NEW on CD.....the vinyl such as this one are out of print.....DSCN3339.jpg

• Like 1